Confirmed with Link: CBJ buy out Fedor Tyutin

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Sorry that is time here has ended. It's been a great teammate for a long time. I hope he lands somewhere else.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Let's get Tyuts a tribute thread. He had a more longstanding and meaningful connection to the team than any other player on it.

Thanks Fedor. Unfortunately, your contract (like Umberger's) was just too long at too steep a price.

Busy day for Jarmo. I feel the Hartnell trade is coming next.

I don't know if we even need to move Hartnell now. The team might be set going into next year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Let's get Tyuts a tribute thread. He had a more longstanding and meaningful connection to the team than any other player on it.

I don't know if we even need to move Hartnell now. The team might be set going into next year.

Moving him would have more to do with opening a spot to protect someone else for the expansion draft.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Like others have said - it needed to be done, but he was a good Jacket. Tough decisions but helps the franchise.
I hope he can find a home if he wants to continue playing.
Also happy that ownership is willing to bite the bullet and do it.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
The move almost had to be done with how close we were to the cap as of now and protecting him in the draft next year..

Was a solid defender and a great guy to have here in Columbus for a number of seasons. Best of luck Fedor!

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
It's good for the team I guess, it just sucks that they got into this position and it was the only way out.

Tyutin has been a great soldier through some good, but mostly bad times, and always represented the team and the city well. I'll really miss him.

On a personal note, I was re-watching my videos a few weeks ago. This leaves My Town My Team, Ladies and Gentlemen and Requiem for a Season where the only player still on the team is Jared Boll

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We are getting rid of all of Bob's friends. Is Bob on the chopping block?

I think it was pretty much rumored at the draft that he was available. I'm certainly not opposed to moving his huge salary and being given the flexibilty to protect Korpisalo or Forsberg in the expansion draft before Bob's NTC kicks in.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

I am 100% ok with hanging onto Hartnell. Guy can still play. Plus the longer the CBJ hold him, the less the money and term gets and the easier (provided his play remains ok) he is to trade. Also, in waving his NMC does that apply expansion draft wise or do CBJ have to ask him again?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think an ongoing thread about the cap is a viable topic that will come into play every so often. Don't like the thread -don't read it.

The thread is fine, but can we change the title? I think it would nice to have a thread to keep track of contracts and future draft picks.

A valuable discussion to have. Suggestions via PM please and thank you.

How about opening one tomorrow? Give this buyout thread time to breathe and then tribute Toots all you want.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This feels sad and unfortunate but totally necessary. I'd happily have him on the team at a mil or whatever, i.e. whatever we were offering Ehrhoff last offseason, but his was the most obvious cap/money savings. Best wishes to him.

I'd consider this a strong possibility. I wouldn't say the FO is done for the summer, but future moves, while necessarily impacted by the cap and, less immediately, expansion, will not be made primarily in that light, but in light of roster building.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Hey C-Bus fans. Since you guys watched him the most. How "done" do you guys think Tyutin is?

Some fans seem to think he'd be an alright bottom pairing guy. His stats took a nosedive but that obviously doesn't tell the whole story. Also I've read some negative comments about his foot speed.

Ottawa is in pretty obvious need of an experienced 6-7 LHD to play alongside Wideman. That's the reason I ask. on the face of it, it seems like a good fit if the salary is reasonable.

I guess my questions are as follows:

1. From your perspective, was he already sheltered the last few seasons or do you think he could succeed more if he was offered some playing time to help play to his strengths?

2. Is his foot speed truly gone, or do you think playing less minutes or with a different partner might help?

3. Would you sign him for 800--1.2 million a season on a team to be a playoff contender or is there someone else on the market for that price/position you think is a better option?

Any other opinions would be valued as well.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hey C-Bus fans. Since you guys watched him the most. How "done" do you guys think Tyutin is?

Some fans seem to think he'd be an alright bottom pairing guy. His stats took a nosedive but that obviously doesn't tell the whole story. Also I've read some negative comments about his foot speed.

Ottawa is in pretty obvious need of an experienced 6-7 LHD to play alongside Wideman. That's the reason I ask. on the face of it, it seems like a good fit if the salary is reasonable.

I guess my questions are as follows:

1. From your perspective, was he already sheltered the last few seasons or do you think he could succeed more if he was offered some playing time to help play to his strengths?

2. Is his foot speed truly gone, or do you think playing less minutes or with a different partner might help?

3. Would you sign him for 800--1.2 million a season on a team to be a playoff contender or is there someone else on the market for that price/position you think is a better option?

Any other opinions would be valued as well.

1. It was beginning but not in full force.

2. It is, and no.

3. Yes I would.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Jarmo's on a roll today, another great move.

great move from our front office..ooh,yes. bitter bread

image.jpg

Thank You, Old Soldier, for service.

[NHL]521582[/NHL]

You just sacrificed your rest of career for our bright future
( figurally for mistakes of our managers). Last two years as 3
pair D and mentor for youngsters ( as Kaspar the unfriendly Ghost was for You) -
sure You earned it being Jackets so many years. You was calm and
silent man, your wife was important part and leader of our women's
community ( Lady Jackets) here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

/ Kim Clark, Sara Huselius, Johanna Pahlsson, Sarah Tyutin and Karen Vermette/

You always carried our Flag, I'll remember You forever true Mr and Lady Jackets.

tumblr_mwzwsdgwKp1siydpjo1_400.jpg

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Another sad day for me, one less Russian on the team.

From being the most Russian team with Arty, Nikitin, Tyuts and Bob to only Bob and even him, for how long?

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
We traded Zherdev and Fritsche for him - that is to say that he has been here forever. He is certainly up there in games played for us. A three time Olympian. He was one of our best players in the 08 playoffs. Struggled in the past 100 games or so - with the new wave of defensemen (Werenski, Carlsson, Heatherington, Collins, Peeke, Kukan) space is going to have to be cleared in the next couple years - but being $40K from the salary cap, and the NMC expansion rules, made him the clear odd man out. I would think that if the team were doing well, he would not have been moved - but the team needed a changed, and the oldest players with the most inflated salaries have to go.

I have nothing but respect for the man. He stuck with the team through several coaching changes, trade requests, bad starts - but was also there for our first playoff clinch as well as our first playoff win. He was a calming influence for the team as a whole, and a binding force for that young group of Russians a few years ago. It will take a long, long time before he get knocked down out of the top end of the CBJ record books.

I never did see these damn hip checks Ranger's fans were raving about though...

Fedor, so long, and thanks for all the shoes.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The move had to be made. I certainly agree with those citing the contributions Fedor made to this team. He was the mainstay of our defense for several years. It's the hard part as a fan that you have to say goodbye to someone whose career you've enjoyed watching.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Too bad his time has passed, Toots was a good trooper. Hope he can land in a contender and experience some success... or get paid back in the KHL :P

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Was such a solid player and then just fell off a cliff. Father time can be a real SOB.

FO had to do it. I think it's the end of the line for Tyutin. Just doesn't have the physical skill anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad