Confirmed with Link: CBJ buy out Fedor Tyutin

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Fedor. Unfortunately, your contract (like Umberger's) was just too long at too steep a price.

Busy day for Jarmo. I feel the Hartnell trade is coming next.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Pretty bittersweet. Tyuts was a solid pro for us for a long time. There were years he was our best defender. Lost a a step, but still can be a bottom pair contributor and penalty killer for a playoff team. No doubt in my mind.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Can we close the "Jackets are in cap hell" thread or whatever the hell it was called? Also, the mains can officially suck it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Can we close the "Jackets are in cap hell" thread or whatever the hell it was called? Also, the mains can officially suck it.

I think an ongoing thread about the cap is a viable topic that will come into play every so often. Don't like the thread -don't read it.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Pretty bittersweet. Tyuts was a solid pro for us for a long time. There were years he was our best defender. Lost a a step, but still can be a bottom pair contributor and penalty killer for a playoff team. No doubt in my mind.

This.

Kentucky

Mar 25, 2014
Class act. I wish Toooots well in his future endeavors. Another good move today by the FO

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

agreed. not to mention a great person, mentor, and ambassador for the city of Columbus and CBJ organization. Hope he gets a chance to compete for the cup.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
He put in a lot of good years here (even when the years themselves were not good). Classy dude. Wish him nothing but the best.

We definitely won the Zherdev trade. :)

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
so help me out here...if I understand right, the jackets have to pay for 2/3 of the remaining 9 million owed (4.5 X 2 years)

6 million, and they have to do it over 4 years.....twice the length of the contract remaining?

so 1.5 mill for 4 years is the final breakdown?

correct?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I think an ongoing thread about the cap is a viable topic that will come into play every so often. Don't like the thread -don't read it.

The thread is fine, but can we change the title? I think it would nice to have a thread to keep track of contracts and future draft picks.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh thank goodness. I was starting to worry. Still very unfortunate, because Tyutin's been awesome for us for so long, but was unquestionably necessary. Hopefully he lands on his feet.

How long 'till we do the Tyutin tribute thread? He deserves one.

* * *​
so help me out here...if I understand right, the jackets have to pay for 2/3 of the remaining 9 million owed (4.5 X 2 years)

6 million, and they have to do it over 4 years.....twice the length of the contract remaining?

so 1.5 mill for 4 years is the final breakdown?

correct?

Almost. Years are, in order: $1,208,333 $1,958,333 $1,458,333 $1,458,333

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
While I am extremely glad we bought out Tyuts, it's also sad. You could tell he was definitely a leader in the room, and someone younger players (especially the Russians) looked up to. He was a steady defenseman for us for a long time and I hope people remember his contributions to the team throughout the years. He reminds me of Ray Whitney in that he's not too flashy or loud, but he comes to work and gets the job done, at least until recently. I love players like him.

Wish you well Toots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad