Confirmed with Link: CBJ buy out Fedor Tyutin

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The CBJ site had a "Thank you" video for Toots with some highlights.

Missing: His shootout winner to clinch the playoffs in '09 (right? that was him?), his playoff goal in 2014, dumping Nash with one hand to open the following season.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
The CBJ site had a "Thank you" video for Toots with some highlights.

Missing: His shootout winner to clinch the playoffs in '09 (right? that was him?), his playoff goal in 2014, dumping Nash with one hand to open the following season.
Sort of. We had already clinched by going to OT, but he did get the shootout winner.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
My favorite Tyutin moment was late during the push in 2013 when we went out West and that was either before the comeback in Colorado or the game after, but we forced OT in Anaheim and then Tyutin below the hashes tipped a Foligno pass past the Ducks goalie and we avoided the dreaded shootout.

That was a fun run.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
My favorite Tyutin moment was when Hitch used him in the shootout for the first time.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Seemed like a great guy. My kids played in the Future Jackets things during the intermission a couple of times. It's a big thrill for the kids to line up in the hallway and have the players fist bump them as they come off the ice. Pretty much all the players will do the fist bump, but Toots seemed to be especially interested in the kids being there. The first time we did it, he was the last one off and went slowly through the line, patting them on the head and stopping a few times to give words of encouragement.

A small thing that only a couple of us coaches were there to see, but I appreciated it and it spoke volumes to me about the kind of guy he was.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My favorite Tyutin moment was when he shoveled the puck off the goal line in the dying seconds in the season finale against Nashville in 2013. Thought that got us in.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hey guys, curious if Tyutin played much on the right side, and how it compared to the left?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hey guys, curious if Tyutin played much on the right side, and how it compared to the left?

Only plays on the left. When he was rarely paired with Johnson (also a lefty), Johnson had to switch and play on the right.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Only plays on the left. When he was rarely paired with Johnson (also a lefty), Johnson had to switch and play on the right.

Same when he was paired with Nikitin. Tyutin always stayed on the left. That might be important or it might have been just another of those things that Richards did without thinking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad