Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Blue Jackets sign Gustav Nyquist (4 years, $5.5M AAV)

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Cap hit seems a tad high term is good. Much worse contracts handed out today for sure. Columbus needed an offensive boost, they got it. Not a bad UFA signing.

Stats show him as more of a 45 point player that had a career year. He hits 50 I'll have no complaints.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Very useful, underrated player. This isn't a lot of money at this stage of the salary cap - it's 6.7% of the cap - and the term is very fair. I would've considered bringing him back at that price.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Very manageable contract

He is a sidekick but if you give him a nice young virile C to play with like Dubois he will be an asset

If you expect him to prop up others you will probably be disappointed

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This is one of the more surprising signings of the day. Good deal for Columbus, but im amazed that teams like Edmonton or Buffalo couldn't/didn't want to beat this offer.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They have to have a center on their radar but it might have to come through trade now. Thought Filppula was perfect but maybe they’re moving Murray for a C.

Nyquist is a great signing. Not overpaid at all for what he brings.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
He honestly reminds me of Mikkel Boedker with a little less speed but better puck possession skills and vision. He'll complement a line well and put up points, but he's not the kind of player who drives the bus.
So in other words totally different lol ( just joking around ).

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Yikes. No way the Sharks could have matched that.

Interesting seeing Nyquist get .5 mil less for the same term as Timo.

Timo was significantly better than Nyquist in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad