Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Blue Jackets sign F Kent Johnson to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Whoever’s making these recent prospect signing threads needs to learn the difference between AAV and cap hit.
lol for our purposes, not really.
AAV includes fully realized performance bonuses. At the time of the signings and these threads being posted, with limited space in the title, they're not the focus. But AAV is easier and more concise to write in, again, a limited title space, and people colloquially understand that it represents the average a player will be taking up on their team's cap space through the season.

Last edited:

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
lol for our purposes, not really.
AAV includes fully realized performance bonuses. At the time of the signings and these threads being posted, with limited space in the title, they're not the focus. But AAV is easier and more concise to write in, again, a limited title space, and people colloquially understand that it represents the average a player will be taking up on their team's cap space through the season.
If you’re ok with inaccuracies then ok…

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Kind of crazy this thread only has 13 replies for a top 5 overall pick. I thought we'd get more polarizing discussion. I'm happy to have him in the fold and excited to see what he can bring over the next couple years. He'll need a little time to adjust and CBJ will need time to evaluate if he can truly become a center in the NHL. I like the idea that he'll get a taste this year as evaluation and determination of off season pathway. Not sure the last time a team had two first round picks play in their draft year. Sedins?

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Kind of crazy this thread only has 13 replies for a top 5 overall pick. I thought we'd get more polarizing discussion. I'm happy to have him in the fold and excited to see what he can bring over the next couple years. He'll need a little time to adjust and CBJ will need time to evaluate if he can truly become a center in the NHL. I like the idea that he'll get a taste this year as evaluation and determination of off season pathway. Not sure the last time a team had two first round picks play in their draft year. Sedins?

Sedins went back to Sweden for their D1 season.

Reactions: Xoggz22

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
On the PP, probably at least some if not all the time. At 5v5, I dunno but I’m thinking no.
Not sure on the PP thing, both Johnson and Laine like to stand in the same spot. I don't see Johnson unseating Voracek, Bjorkstrand, or Roslovic/Kuraly (the faceoffs/screener) unless there is injury or if they want to throw Johnson to the wolves and take the faceoff.

I think he'll be on the second unit with Sillinger, Kuraly/Roslovic, and Nyquist

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
A couple of UM boys in Columbus. Sounds like a match made in heaven.
Don't leave a car with Michigan plates anywhere near Columbus for longer than a few minutes. My car would get several shiny layers of fine, uncut Columbus saliva by the time I was done with my sales calls. I sent pics to my boss. He told me it'd be ok to stop in Toledo on the way down and put a rental on my expense account lol.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Don't leave a car with Michigan plates anywhere near Columbus for longer than a few minutes. My car would get several shiny layers of fine, uncut Columbus saliva by the time I was done with my sales calls. I sent pics to my boss. He told me it'd be ok to stop in Toledo on the way down and put a rental on my expense account lol.

I’ve lived here for over 15 years and can think of one time this happened. And she had Michigan Wolverines stuff plastered all over her vehicle and parked on campus for a couple days during football season. Not that this makes it ok. It was someone I was dating!

Plenty of people from Michigan live here, my friend. lol. It is not as you describe. But it’s a topic about the Blue Jackets on HFBoards. It’s like a bat signal to everyone who wants to shit on the city.

Pretty safe to say I don’t believe your story as it is written. Several layers of spit, huh? I don’t doubt that you had a bad experience. But one bad experience doesn’t mean the whole place stinks. It’s a lovely town.

EDIT: In regards to this signing, it was either Jeff Rimer (play-by-play) or Jody Shelley last week on 97.1 and whoever it was confirmed what has been said in this thread - he will get minutes at the NHL level this season so they can see where he is in his development. I think it was Shelley. Either way.

Last edited:

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I’ve lived here for over 15 years and can think of one time this happened. And she had Michigan Wolverines stuff plastered all over her vehicle and parked on campus for a couple days during football season. Not that this makes it ok. It was someone I was dating!

Plenty of people from Michigan live here, my friend. lol. It is not as you describe. But it’s a topic about the Blue Jackets on HFBoards. It’s like a bat signal to everyone who wants to shit on the city.

Pretty safe to say I don’t believe your story as it is written. Several layers of spit, huh? I don’t doubt that you had a bad experience. But one bad experience doesn’t mean the whole place stinks. It’s a lovely town.

EDIT: In regards to this signing, it was either Jeff Rimer (play-by-play) or Jody Shelley last week on 97.1 and whoever it was confirmed what has been said in this thread - he will get minutes at the NHL level this season so they can see where he is in his development. I think it was Shelley. Either way.
You're right. Just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean I had to post an exaggeration. I did have to send pics to my boss though. Mea culpa for the shitty post.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Classy town.

Hope Kent J is treated better by CBJ fans. He's a good kid and a very, VERY talented player.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Interested to see how Johnson does. I'm predicting he's going to have a rough adjustment to the NHL. He's going to need some time IMO.

Andersson+Chytil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad