Claimed off Waivers: [CBJ] Blue Jackets claim G Spencer Martin off waivers from the Canucks

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Who was ahead of Columbus in claiming? Just one other team?

I have no doubt Tampa and Colorado put in claims as well, but I don't know if that info is ever released.

And no, I am not surprised he was the only one put on waivers yesterday that was claimed.

Last edited:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Maybe for a 6th or 7th down the road. No real value unless someone really needs a mediocre 3rd string goalie and is real worried about missing out on him via waivers.
Illogical.

If a 3rd string goalie, he'll need to be waived (unless the team decides to keep 3 goalies) and any team that would have picked him up if not for the trade will now claim him...

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
As an Oilers fan I've been fairly impressed with Martin every time I've seen him (admittedly not too many times) despite his bad stats. Don't mind this for Columbus.
Damn really? Everytime I watch him he stinks. Watched him a decent amount last year. Worst goalie I've seen in quite some time

Reactions: ujju2

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Used judicously he's an okay backup goalie.
But, that's his "peak" and the Canucks have a better option for the the NHL squad in DeSmith and guys with higher end potential to develop in the AHL, in Silovs and Tolopilo.
Provided they don't put him in a position to fail, he'll probably do fine in Columbus.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pretty sure he's also the only legit insider who uses MON for Montreal. Like why would you do that if you want to keep up your credibility?
It's a good way to do that, so if someone here who's in a rush to be first and not correct shares something from EllliotteFreeman says something and uses the correct abbreviations people can see it's fake without going to X to see that account has 2 followers.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
As a canucks fan, spencer Martin is not good….

I don’t understand all the media hype around him. Maybe people only remember his hot streak?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Pretty sure he's also the only legit insider who uses MON for Montreal. Like why would you do that if you want to keep up your credibility?

He specifically does it as a joke for himself and to sort of troll fans. It hit a peak a few seasons ago where he would just jumble letters together and people could barely decipher what team he was referring to.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Spencer Martin was put in a pretty impossible situation last season where he was thrust in the starters role behind a team that wasn't really interested in defense and couldn't pk to save their lives.

Every so often a goalie comes out of nowhere, finds themselves in that spot and goes on a heater. Martin wasn't able to rise up. In a backup role he was great the season prior. If all you need him to do is play every second game on a back to back or 15 or so games a season he'll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad