Pre-Game Talk: CBJ @ Avs Thurs 7PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed with the sentiments about CBJ, I'm actually rooting for them to do well this year. Lucky for us, they are on the road in Phoenix tonight and we got a day couple days rest at home - could mean a big difference with the high altitude and guys still getting into game shape.

They also played to the shootout in both of their first two games (Sat, Mon). I'm hoping they can score two in the 3rd tonight and take this one into OT also.

edit: NVM Coyotes just made it 4-1 as I hit submit.

Mouse21*

them playing a late game, to a shootout the night before while we are rested... if we lose, wow.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I can't help it, but I'm VERY excited for the game tomorrow night.

I know that losing Downie, despite his poor first game, is a huge loss, but I really liked what I saw from Duchene's line last game, and despite what many hear thought, I even liked what the Stastny line started doing last game as well.

Varly was just pure sexy last game, and I thought EJ has played really well through the first two games (I mean how awesome was his physical play on Parise in the Wild game!?)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Varly was just pure sexy last game, and I thought EJ has played really well through the first two games (I mean how awesome was his physical play on Parise in the Wild game!?)

Him shoving Parise to the ground a couple of times on the PK was great. He did the same thing to Carter yesterday.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm not sure we're going to notice a huge difference by switching Downie with Malone. It's a slight downgrade, but we'll see how big it is.

A fourth line of McLeod/Malone/Kobasew looks pretty good on paper and Olver/Mitchell/Hejduk, while not fantastic, should be fine for the time being.

The only players that would be huge losses for us are Landeskog, Stastny, Duchene, EJ and Varlamov.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Zanon's been playing pretty good so far, I wouldn't wanna see him scratched. It's a shame we have a 1.6M bench warmer. Hopefully SOB fills in for Barrie

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I'm not sure we're going to notice a huge difference by switching Downie with Malone. It's a slight downgrade, but we'll see how big it is.

A fourth line of McLeod/Malone/Kobasew looks pretty good on paper and Olver/Mitchell/Hejduk, while not fantastic, should be fine for the time being.

The only players that would be huge losses for us are Landeskog, Stastny, Duchene, EJ and Varlamov.

If one of these guys goes down for an extended period I'll gladly jump on the tank bandwagon

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
meh, someone got me a ticket to go with them to the panthers game, so Im probably not going to get to watch :cry:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

That would be loss of season. If if any one of top forwards got hurt, or EJ, the team still could come together and collectively made up for a loss, but if they lose Varly, kiss the season good bye.

Im not sure if Giguere at this stage of his career could carry the Avs.

Landeskog The Viking

Duchene The Boss
Jul 5, 2007
NS Canada
That would be loss of season. If if any one of top forwards got hurt, or EJ, the team still could come together and collectively made up for a loss, but if they lose Varly, kiss the season good bye.

Im not sure if Giguere at this stage of his career could carry the Avs.

giggy put up some good numbers last season but he only relies on positioning he ain't near agile enough to carry us the guy will win us a few games but thats the best he can do imo

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
I know you follow the LEMs closely nd I haven't had the chance to watch them often so maybe you can answer my question.

Not that I put a lot of weight on the +/- stat but Malone is tied for worst on the team in that stat. I always thought he was pretty decent defensively. He was certainly doing a good job for the Avs when he was up last year. What do you attribute his -8 for LEMs?

Yeah, I don't like the +/- stat either. More of a team/line stat than an individual one. My best guess would be that he's generally out there with the third defense pairing and Gaunce-Sullivan, or whatever CHL/ECHL PTO Gaunce has been paired with, has not been good. I can't imagine his line scores a whole lot, which makes it hard to keep your +/- balanced.

It's been a while since I've been to a game since December 29. They've been on the road since early January and I was out of town the first week of the month, so I couldn't tell you who his linemates have been of late.

Or, quite simply, he was -4 on November 30 and -7 overall that month. The Monsters played 8 of 12 on the road, including seven in a row to start the month. That's when they were giving up goals in bunches and he was probably drawing tough assignments with the Monsters having to change first on the road. He's -1 over the other 25 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad