Pre-Game Talk: CBJ @ Avs Thurs 7PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm excited to see how Hunwick plays, hoping Barrie goes back to the LEM for this shortened season. He's just not ready yet.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
I thought Barrie mostly was just nervous/panicked last couple of games, and that it might be a little hasty to send him back now.

That being said, I'm totally down to see how Hunwick plays. He was actually pretty good last year.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Giving O'Brien and Hunwick a shot makes sense either way. You have to give them a chance to grab a spot. A six day training camp isn't enough to do that.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Not gonna lie at this point I think SOB should be in instead of Zanon

I think SOB should be in instead of Hejda. He has played so bad thus far.

Hunwick instead of Barrie is a no-brainer.

Kobasew is useless. They should just play 7 defense and 11 forwards since Downie is out, or just call up someone else. Hell even sign someone unsigned would be better then Kobasew

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think SOB should be in instead of Hejda. He has played so bad thus far.

Hunwick instead of Barrie is a no-brainer.

Kobasew is useless. They should just play 7 defense and 11 forwards since Downie is out, or just call up someone else. Hell even sign someone unsigned would be better then Kobasew

Aslong as he doesnt see top 6 minutes, plays on the PK im ok with Chuck its when idiot Sacco puts in a role he will bomb in is when he sucks same goes for Hunwick. Limit Hunwicks minutes and he looks like half a decent Dman.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
CBJ actually have a pretty underrated team this year IMO. Hopefully the Avs don't overlook them and come out flat.

Having said that, I think we win this one fairly convincingly.

Gonna say 4-0 Avs goals from Duchene(2), McGinn, EJ. Varly with a 22 save shutout.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Agreed, Columbus has a much better team than what people give them credit for. I've seen them in both games and they outplayed both Nashville and Detroit (unlucky to lose that game). Gotta to keep the momentum from the 3rd against Kings and carry it into this game.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Hunwick needs a shot, SoB, meh. Last thing we need is another guy taking dumb penalties. Hejda is actually pretty disciplined while still being a physical guy. Same with Zanon. I don't think either have been that bad really.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sorry for the off topic, but I do not know where should I post the following story for the fans of the Avalanche former player Marek Svatos. He missed 1,5 year of hockey, unsucessfuly tried to get on the Panthers roster at the camp and finally he signed a deal in the KHL.

Photos and more here: http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=2407

I wish Mareks shoulders didnt blow up I still remember his rookie season he was so fun to watch

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Agreed with the sentiments about CBJ, I'm actually rooting for them to do well this year. Lucky for us, they are on the road in Phoenix tonight and we got a day couple days rest at home - could mean a big difference with the high altitude and guys still getting into game shape.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
CBJ actually have a pretty underrated team this year IMO. Hopefully the Avs don't overlook them and come out flat.

I agree.

Still think the Avs will come out with the W, but CBJ isn't the push over most are making them out to be.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Agreed with the sentiments about CBJ, I'm actually rooting for them to do well this year. Lucky for us, they are on the road in Phoenix tonight and we got a day couple days rest at home - could mean a big difference with the high altitude and guys still getting into game shape.

And it will be their 3rd game in 4 nights. The CBJ will be tired by mid way through the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad