London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
1715270919830.png

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Monette back to the scene of the crime from Game 5 :naughty:
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this crew swing in the opposite direction to overcompensate for their dismal performance previously. Officials should NEVER become the focus of the game, but rather, the players' performance. I've never paid a cent to watch the officiating crew, because they're not supposed to be the main attraction. I just hope that they realize that, and the game gets played without anyone noticing the work of the guys wearing the orange armbands.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this crew swing in the opposite direction to overcompensate for their dismal performance previously. Officials should NEVER become the focus of the game, but rather, the players' performance. I've never paid a cent to watch the officiating crew, because they're not supposed to be the main attraction. I just hope that they realize that, and the game gets played without anyone noticing the work of the guys wearing the orange armbands.
It usually turns out that way, beside, Monette was second in command that night to Faist.

I am going to imply somethine here. Oshawa (Whitby) is David Branch home town team, in the previous series London stood the possibility they would face the Generals were great, first they were about to face Hache's son. Is anyone susprised he didn't answer the calls about Knights players suspensions or even reductions, if you have been following this league politic the last 20 years or so, you get the sense that something weird are about to happens almost everytime. What London has got going for them, is the fact they are talented with a whole variety of skills in the toolbox, and the game is being played on the ice not in the office

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
National TV, he'll want be star of the show! 🥵
There is that possibility, but Cairns will be the head referee, Monette will be somewhat limited once again, I just don't see Monette coming back with another rough night once again

Reactions: zman77

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
It just goes to show how tone deaf the league is.

You have a game in London where both the referees and linesmen did a very poor job and the league was asked many questions from fans, media and the Knights. They then assign 1 referee and 1 linesman from that game to the very next game at Bud Gardens.

Branch is on his way out and this is just a big middle finger to the Knights and their fans.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
It usually turns out that way, beside, Monette was second in command that night to Faist.

I am going to imply somethine here. Oshawa (Whitby) is David Branch home town team, in the previous series London stood the possibility they would face the Generals were great, first they were about to face Hache's son. Is anyone susprised he didn't answer the calls about Knights players suspensions or even reductions, if you have been following this league politic the last 20 years or so, you get the sense that something weird are about to happens almost everytime. What London has got going for them, is the fact they are talented with a whole variety of skills in the toolbox, and the game is being played on the ice not in the office

The series hasn’t even started yet. What’s with the preemptive conspiracy theories and complaints about the refs?

As I’ve explained numerous times, if your team plays well enough, the refs will be irrelevant. If the score is 7-1, a cheap penalty or two won’t have the slightest impact.

The better team will win, as is usually the case.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The series hasn’t even started yet. What’s with the preemptive conspiracy theories and complaints about the refs?

As I’ve explained numerous times, if your team plays well enough, the refs will be irrelevant. If the score is 7-1, a cheap penalty or two won’t have the slightest impact.

Was it Donnie740 that copied Fastpace's post #159 (my post), if this does not explains it for you or have not been around for 20 years, not much else will out of that post.

This series started long before the one that is about to begin, like years. In that post it says; "if you have been following this league politic the last 20 years or so, you get the sense that something weird are about to happens almost every time." And there is something in there about the better team as well. Cheers! and enjoy the series

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018

No, a cheap penalty or 2 won't have much impact.....it's the two 5 game suspensions that resulted from the officials, Monette was one of them, losing control of game 5.

Looking forward to a great championship series.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No, a cheap penalty or 2 won't have much impact.....it's the two 5 game suspensions that resulted from the officials, Monette was one of them, losing control of game 5.

Looking forward to a great championship series.
Thank You!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Was it Donnie740 that copied Fastpace's post #159 (my post), if this does not explains it for you or have not been around for 20 years, not much else will out of that post.

This series started long before the one that is about to begin, like years. In that post it says; "if you have been following this league politic the last 20 years or so, you get the sense that something weird are about to happens almost every time." And there is something in there about the better team as well. Cheers! and enjoy the series
I've followed, been involved with lower Jr levels and aaa minor n major midget so can I be blessed with having an opinion from yourself? No need to belittle or discount someone's opinion cause you think they need your 20 years or plus experience following the league and I know the last few weren't in person.

Whatcha think of the susoensions to the Barrie players in the 7 game series vs London where two top players were out. One sudoended for a head hot and one injured from a head hit with no suspension?

Look at the NBA- refs issues.
NHL- ref issues
NFL- ref issues.
MLB and pro soccer even bigger issues
And all with more political and monetary consequences. But they have fan bases riled and pissed just like the OHL so is every Commissioner in every league a Branch?
Do I agree with everything they do.....not at all but your dots you are connecting......I just can't get there.
Is what it is. You're really reaching here FP.......JMO based on folllowing the league for 30 plus years, seeing 800 or plus OHL games live and more on TV. And having convos with those directly involved. Player development staff, ohl scouts, team scouts coaches who came
to our games and friends I know. Tics since 99. And missed 3 games total first 16 years. Hope I can have an opinion.

Refs and league officials make mistakes
......but far less than players and coaches.

Try not to get worked up in advance of sonething happening. The Whitby reference did make me laugh and TY for that. It's weak to lay the excuses at the feet of officials and even weaker to set the table for excuses before they happen.

Control what u can and play thru what u can't. Just like life.

If you really feel the way you do I got no idea why you invest in such a corrupt form of entertainment. JMO.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
what have you got against Makar dragging him down to that level?

Parehk's antics will wind up with him being a decal on the boards in the NHL.

Donovan on the other hand is a player woth watching.
All antics aside Makars name should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Parekh. Yes Parekh is skilled but no where near a guy like Makar.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Try not to get worked up in advance of sonething happening. The Whitby reference did make me laugh and TY for that. It's weak to lay the excuses at the feet of officials and even weaker to set the table for excuses before they happen.

Control what u can and play thru what u can't. Just like life.

Excellent comments - - glad I’m not the only one to recognize how cringeworthy it is with all the ridiculous excuses about refs and league wide conspiracies.

And even BEFORE the series has even started? Come on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad