Confirmed with Link: CBJ adds G Kinkaid from NJD for 2022 5th round pick

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don't get this at all. I get it, the devils haven't been good this year but Kincaid has been awful.

in his last 10 games that he's appeared in, he has given up 42 goals. so roughly a 4.20 GAA to go along with a .868 save percentage (!!!)
As I always preface, my guess is that the defense in front has been brutually bad. Also, there was probably a 10 game stretch this season where those numbers were in line with Bobs preformances. Look where we are now ?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
CBJ are big believers in the analytics which show goalies starting fewer than 55 games do better in the playoffs. Gives them a 3 person tandem and insurance in case one goes down.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Coming around to the idea that this is insurance on injury. If Jarmo is gonna be "all in" at forward, then he's gonna want to hedge his bets against something happening in net and wanting to have another guy who can play.

Is he gonna carry all three guys on the NHL roster? Could this be why Clendening was sent down (there was some concern there is no bench/scratch at D), at least until this all sorts itself out?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Coming around to the idea that this is insurance on injury. If Jarmo is gonna be "all in" at forward, then he's gonna want to hedge his bets against something happening in net and wanting to have another guy who can play.

Is he gonna carry all three guys on the NHL roster? Could this be why Clendening was sent down (there was some concern there is no bench/scratch at D), at least until this all sorts itself out?

There are no roster limits after the deadline so I’m assuming all 3 guys will be here.

Reactions: 1857 Howitzer

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just remember there are no roster limits after today. We can carry all 3 on the roster. Also who is to say that Kinkaid isn’t #3 on the depth chart for the time being. If anything, this is to guarantee that we don’t load up and then somehow need to rely on J.F. Berube to prevent it from falling apart.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's not what I meant. Not sure why this is funny. Not sure why I need to explain it to you. It's pretty evident. You let me know if you want an explanation.

I don't know why it makes me laugh. You keep saying different versions of "what if someone gets hurt", when you already have 2 goalies. You need two of them to get hurt to actually have a problem. Yes, I know that's what you meant, but I prefer to have fun responding to statements as if they were literal.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't know why it makes me laugh. You keep saying different versions of "what if someone gets hurt", when you already have 2 goalies. You need two of them to get hurt to actually have a problem. Yes, I know that's what you meant, but I prefer to have fun responding to statements as if they were literal.

Because backups only play if the starter gets hurt?

Meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred Glover

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

If Bob blows out his groin again, do you want to go down the stretch with Joonas Korpisalo and JF Berube?

I sure don't.

Korpisalo might be OK in sample stretches, but Berube has been woefully terrible in sample stretches. Kincaid has at least been serviceable, and should give us maybe the best backup we have had in a long time. If Bob falters or goes down, he's far more reliable than Korpisalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad