Confirmed with Link: CBJ acquire Jakub Zboril and a 2027 3rd round pick from Boston for Andrew Peeke

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I remember saying a while ago that if there were a team that could make Peeke work, it would be the Bruins.

You look at a guy like Carlo who has zero puck skill and what they do with him in their system. It's either up the wall or it's to the D partner, who handles most of it. That would be much better for Peeke. The more structure the better for him.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I love the future pick loading with the teams we dealt with. Boston is likely to be in decline by the 2027 draft so this could be a mid to high pick. That and we don't really need to add to the current pool. This is where you take a high risk kid and see if they develop. Nice job today

Reactions: koteka

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I love the future pick loading with the teams we dealt with. Boston is likely to be in decline by the 2027 draft so this could be a mid to high pick. That and we don't really need to add to the current pool. This is where you take a high risk kid and see if they develop. Nice job today

I think earlier is better but one downside with more 2024 picks is that we can only handle so many prospects at once, only so many contracts and roster spots can be given out. Maybe we'll have a lot more room in 2027.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I think earlier is better but one downside with more 2024 picks is that we can only handle so many prospects at once, only so many contracts and roster spots can be given out. Maybe we'll have a lot more room in 2027.
I don't mind either (near or more distant), but given our current situation, I think if that pick was higher, further out, that's a better move than a 5th or 6th this year in my opinion. I still think we'll see some contract movement once the new GM is in place, but we're only on 44/50 for current contracts. In addition, the young players appear to be taking a real step. Less pressure, but still very promising so allowing them to develop and build the future (again) in the future with accumulating assets seems sound (not that you are disagreeing, just sharing my opinion).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad