Confirmed with Link: CBJ acquire Jakub Zboril and a 2027 3rd round pick from Boston for Andrew Peeke

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Zbořil player in the AHL this season. I think he is support for Cleveland. Btw some d-men can be trade from Monsters. Kňažko, Bjørgvik-Holm... .
Jackets need to call up a guy as an extra D. We're running on the bare minimum amount of players right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Zboril recalled and maybe a minor league forward claimed off waivers or something

Reactions: stevo61

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
More depth for bringing back the calder and preventing a buyout window? Massive W here in my book!

Reactions: CBJx614

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Win big time

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Someone else will need to do the math but how much retention keeps this better than just buying him out?

Peeke turns 26 in a few days so the U26 1/3rd buyout evidently doesn't apply to him.

I don't have time to churn out numbers right now.

EDIT: Just saw post saying that CBJ not retaining anything.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Peeke turns 26 in a few days so the U26 1/3rd buyout evidently doesn't apply to him.

I don't have time to churn out numbers right now.

EDIT: Just saw post saying that CBJ not retaining anything.
Fortunately it doesn't matter anymore, but I will take all the lessons on financials I can get.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He's just returning from a concussion. I like the kid but I'd rather him play in Cleveland and be the 6th/7th D next year if he earns it.
Multiple concussions as well. If I recall from his last one he played like 1 game and went back on the shelf.

I don't think he'll be able to have much of a career at this point. We can't be planning on him being in the long term plans if this last one lingers like this.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Getting a depth piece for peeke without retention was good enough for me but a 3rd rounder down the road???? Now that's quite the cherry on top!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sounds too good to be true. I suspect Hockey Gods have decided Peeke suddenly becomes the next Stralman, solid 3RD for a cup contender.
If he does, good for him. I'd have preferred we get that guy but we'd given him all the time we could realistically afford to.

I'm thrilled because while I legit thought we could get a 3rd or 4th for him as a reclamation project, I figured it'd be with retention, or around this time next year. Go figure. :D

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Peeke turns into a player still. I don't think the current CBJ is the place for that to happen though... he could really benefit from playing in an experienced and well structured team, preferably with an experienced partner who's the kind of player he should mold his game after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad