CBD oil

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I take a pure CBD oil every morning. It really takes away all those lingering pains. Much more noticeable if you miss a day though.

As for cannabis, I had a right shoulder rebuild on Friday and have eschewed the opiates I was prescribed.
Tried one dose the first night and it did nothing. Eventually went out to the shed to finish the joint I had, got some good rest and even some sleep.
I'm also using some cookies I made and some canna-butter.
The best part is if I need more relief, doing more is no issue.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I take a pure CBD oil every morning. It really takes away all those lingering pains. Much more noticeable if you miss a day though.

So it's a pain-releiver for you?

I bought cbd oil for my father when he got cancer, in hope of a miracle.

He died in 2016..

I myself suffer from anxiety and depression. I thought I'd try it, but it's extremely expensive...at least here in Sweden.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

He died in 2016..

I myself suffer from anxiety and depression. I thought I'd try it, but it's extremely expensive...at least here in Sweden.
Yes.
I suffer from back spasms and have other aches and pains. It really helps with those nagging things.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Let me put it this way...I see 6 different doctors because of all of the health problems I have and CBD oil is the only thing that's ever offered relief without a massive trade-off/negative.

A brownie a day...keeps me off of opioids and lets me at least attempt to function like a semi-normal human.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Let me put it this way...I see 6 different doctors because of all of the health problems I have and CBD oil is the only thing that's ever offered relief without a massive trade-off/negative.

A brownie a day...keeps me off of opioids and lets me at least attempt to function like a semi-normal human.

Can you explain which health problems it helps you with?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Can you explain which health problems it helps you with?

I primarily use CBD for chronic pain relating to Ankylosing spondylitis and Crohn's Disease. AS is an autoimmune disorder that's fusing my spine together, which is as painful as it sounds. It's also helped with anxiety, which has helped keep my Crohn's in remission (stress is a primary trigger). It's no panacea, but it's worked better than anything else has for me.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I primarily use CBD for chronic pain relating to Ankylosing spondylitis and Crohn's Disease. AS is an autoimmune disorder that's fusing my spine together, which is as painful as it sounds. It's also helped with anxiety, which has helped keep my Crohn's in remission (stress is a primary trigger). It's no panacea, but it's worked better than anything else has for me.

Thank you so much for the info and I'm glad it's helping you. It sounds horrible. :/

May I ask where you buy your oil from..?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Thank you so much for the info and I'm glad it's helping you. It sounds horrible. :/

May I ask where you buy your oil from..?

To save money I generally make my own, with the asterisk that I don't grow anything myself. It's an easier process than I ever would have expected (I'm generally useless in the kitchen) and I make enough canna-oil to last 2-4 months at a time.

Bonus point for canna-oil: I use coconut oil, which effectively means that it can be used as a salve as well. Rubbing canna-oil on my back gives the same basic result as using a (much more expensive) CBD topical cream bought at a dispensary.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

He died in 2016..

I use it for anxiety as well as back pain, my girlfriend uses it for anxiety as well. We both swear by it. How expensive is it in Sweden?

Reactions: PatrikBerglund

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
To save money I generally make my own, with the asterisk that I don't grow anything myself. It's an easier process than I ever would have expected (I'm generally useless in the kitchen) and I make enough canna-oil to last 2-4 months at a time.

Bonus point for canna-oil: I use coconut oil, which effectively means that it can be used as a salve as well. Rubbing canna-oil on my back gives the same basic result as using a (much more expensive) CBD topical cream bought at a dispensary.

How do you make it!?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
How do you make it!?

Living in California helps. Basically it boils down to researching the strains and buying enough flower (7g per cup of oil to be made), grinding it, decarboxylation (I use a machine specifically for this, but if you have a more reliable oven you can do this step without another investment), and then over the course of about 12 hours I combine the ground flower with coconut oil in a slow cooker, stirring every ~30 minutes.

It's more time consuming and expensive than it is difficult. Far more detailed instructions can be found with an easy internet search.

Roughly speaking it costs me about as much to make a couple months worth of canna-oil as it does to get a couple weeks worth of CBD oil for vaping, but the canna-oil lasts significantly longer (both in terms of volume and how long each dose will last).

edit: I should not that I've never tried CBD via a tincture...the dispensaries around here don't tend to stock that stuff too frequently.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm looking to get some first hand info on this. Has it worked for anyone in here? And I mean clear noticeable positive results to your mental and/or physical health?

it worked for me, but the under the tongue drops not the vape pen. Mentally helps me when I start to feel really shaky before an anxiety attack. but I will add when it was at its absolute worst I was using prescription meds mainly because I didn't know about CBD at the time

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
it worked for me, but the under the tongue drops not the vape pen. Mentally helps me when I start to feel really shaky before an anxiety attack. but I will add when it was at its absolute worst I was using prescription meds mainly because I didn't know about CBD at the time

How long you you keep the cbd under your tongue?

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Mother has MS and we have seen noticeable improvements. I
(25 years) use it everyday as a preventive. Some older hockey scouts i work with swear by it for pain. Could it be placebo? Who knows.
The price of CBD will start to come down.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I have no experience with the tinctures, but my big warning with vaping is that it really doesn't last long. The CBD cartridge that I have works wonders and it works very quickly...but it costs $65 and gives about 100 draws from it, each giving me 10-15 minutes of relief. I carry around a vape pen with a couple cartridges when I'm out and about because they work quickly and it's easy to be discreet, but they are very much a short-term fix. For something like anxiety they may be great, but for chronic pain they're too inefficient. I'd imagine tinctures would last significantly longer, but I have no personal experience there (though I guess there's nothing stopping me from ingesting the canna-oil this way). I'm sure I could find it if I went to a specific medical cannabis dispensary...but the legalization effort basically saw the medical places I used to go turn into just normal dispensaries and the vape stuff just sells better and thus gets the limited shelf space. That part kinda sucks, but the quality of the available flower has gone up as sharply as the costs have come down, so ultimately I'll take that trade-off.

Honestly for me the biggest breakthrough was just researching the different strains, how they work, what they do, etc. I smoked a couple times in college and absolutely hated the experience, it made me a paranoid wreck and I hated the head high, and that kept me away from looking into the medicinal capabilities until one of my doctors finally talked me into trying it a couple years ago. Now that I know the difference between many strains (and that there even are different strains) it's become infinitely easier for me to find what is going to help without having to try it first, especially since many of them don't produce a desired result for me.

I will say that my canna-oil isn't just CBD. I do choose strains with higher CBD levels, but I don't ignore THC as I actually need one of the side-effects of THC (I'm underweight for someone with Crohn's). Brownies being my weapon of choice kills two birds with one stone.

Last edited:

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I have no experience with the tinctures, but my big warning with vaping is that it really doesn't last long. The CBD cartridge that I have works wonders and it works very quickly...but it costs $65 and gives about 100 draws from it, each giving me 10-15 minutes of relief. I carry around a vape pen with a couple cartridges when I'm out and about because they work quickly and it's easy to be discreet, but they are very much a short-term fix. For something like anxiety they may be great, but for chronic pain they're too inefficient. I'd imagine tinctures would last significantly longer, but I have no personal experience there (though I guess there's nothing stopping me from ingesting the canna-oil this way). I'm sure I could find it if I went to a specific medical cannabis dispensary...but the legalization effort basically saw the medical places I used to go turn into just normal dispensaries and the vape stuff just sells better and thus gets the limited shelf space. That part kinda sucks, but the quality of the available flower has gone up as sharply as the costs have come down, so ultimately I'll take that trade-off.

Honestly for me the biggest breakthrough was just researching the different strains, how they work, what they do, etc. I smoked a couple times in college and absolutely hated the experience, it made me a paranoid wreck and I hated the head high, and that kept me away from looking into the medicinal capabilities until one of my doctors finally talked me into trying it a couple years ago. Now that I know the difference between many strains (and that there even are different strains) it's become infinitely easier for me to find what is going to help without having to try it first, especially since many of them don't produce a desired result for me.

I will say that my canna-oil isn't just CBD. I do choose strains with higher CBD levels, but I don't ignore THC as I actually need one of the side-effects of THC (I'm underweight for someone with Crohn's). Brownies being my weapon of choice kills two birds with one stone.

It feels like governments make laws dictating what people should and should not eat, drink, inhale - "just because". Everything should just be let loose, if some people try dangerous heavy drugs and die, it's their own problem/fault. Survival of the fittest.

I have taken 3 drops of 5% cbd oil twice a day now for 2 days - and feel absolutely nothing...

It should work almost immediately, right?

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Mother has MS and we have seen noticeable improvements. I
(25 years) use it everyday as a preventive. Some older hockey scouts i work with swear by it for pain. Could it be placebo? Who knows.
The price of CBD will start to come down.

I REALLY hope so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad