CBD oil

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I’m not sure I’d have to read the bottle. It’s like 3ish drops, I think about 30seconds to 1min. The vape pen works but I feel the drops work faster and longer.

How long after you staryed taking cbd oil, did you feel a difference?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
How long after you staryed taking cbd oil, did you feel a difference?

So I only take it when I feel an attack coming on, but it seems to work in under an 20 mins if I remember correctly. I have haven’t had sever anxiety for quite a while now, touch wood. It may even be under 10 mins.

I know some people take it daily no matter what but to me that could get quite expensive pretty quickly and for you for the prices you say it cost there, would be a lot.

It gave me a very calming feeling, I’m not sure if you have had the drs prescribe a pill you put under your tongue for relief? Lorazepam it’s called here? it’s not a long term tratment but an immediate help to not let the anxiety get too bad, anyway the drops under the tongue work like that if you have had that.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
So I only take it when I feel an attack coming on, but it seems to work in under an 20 mins if I remember correctly. I have haven’t had sever anxiety for quite a while now, touch wood. It may even be under 10 mins.

I know some people take it daily no matter what but to me that could get quite expensive pretty quickly and for you for the prices you say it cost there, would be a lot.

It gave me a very calming feeling, I’m not sure if you have had the drs prescribe a pill you put under your tongue for relief? Lorazepam it’s called here? it’s not a long term tratment but an immediate help to not let the anxiety get too bad, anyway the drops under the tongue work like that if you have had that.

The cbd oil drops under the toungue does nothing for me, I fel no difference what so ever. :/

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The cbd oil drops under the toungue does nothing for me, I fel no difference what so ever. :/

Sorry to hear that :(

Trust me, I've tried just as much stuff that has done absolutely *nothing* to help me as I have found things that have helped. It's frustrating, especially when it represents a sizable purchase. Different people react differently to different methods, as Walshy said maybe a vape pen would work better. Or maybe you just need to up the dosage. Different people have different tolerances and it can be extremely tough to dial that stuff in.

I don't know if it's my mountain folk blood or what, but I have the tolerance of someone a twice my size with just about everything (it was fun when I could drink linebackers under the table in college, less fun when it comes to anything resembling pain relief or anesthesia). My first couple months getting into this stuff involved a lot of days where I felt either nothing or almost nothing and days where I went well past my tolerance and just slept. Even my most recent batch of oil took a few days to figure out the balance for me and I have the recipe pretty dialed in by now.

If I have a half of my usual dosage I don't tend to get half of the pain relief, I tend to feel absolutely nothing. Hopefully you'll find a dosage that works for you.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The fact is as of yet there is not bona fide evidence based research to confirm the purported therapeutic benefits of CBD oil. There are studies in progress though, so eventually it may be confirmed. Until then, its caveat emptor.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

What dosage were you using?

I found that 2 drops/10mg doesn't work much for me.. but if I do 3 drops or even double it at 4 drops, I definitely notice a difference

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
What dosage were you using?

I found that 2 drops/10mg doesn't work much for me.. but if I do 3 drops or even double it at 4 drops, I definitely notice a difference

I started with 2, then tried 3, now 4. Nit noticing anything what so ever. :/

And about the drops, it's pretty hard to know how much you actually squirt in the mouth. One push can mean the amount of 2-3 drops, and you can't feel the difference?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I started with 2, then tried 3, now 4. Nit noticing anything what so ever. :/

And about the drops, it's pretty hard to know how much you actually squirt in the mouth. One push can mean the amount of 2-3 drops, and you can't feel the difference?

I guess I should clarify, the drops I tried were actually a spray, so it was 2-4 pumps that I tried. Easier to track/use than drops IMO.

I've also tried the gummies and had noticeable results in terms of anxiety, attitude, etc..

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I guess I should clarify, the drops I tried were actually a spray, so it was 2-4 pumps that I tried. Easier to track/use than drops IMO.

I've also tried the gummies and had noticeable results in terms of anxiety, attitude, etc..

But the effects from spray, vape and such don't last very long, right?

I eat several anti-anxiety medicines, perhaps they interfere with the cbd.

Do you know of any other things that is supposed to be a miracle, like cbd oil?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Have tried like 10 drops under my tongue, but feel nothing at all.

Is this just a placebo hoax?

You don't 'feel' things with CBD. Now if you're not seeing any relief that's a different story, but there is no high associated with CBD itself. It's about turning pain receptors off, not stimulating anything. Like I said earlier it's not a panacea, it's not going to be everything for everyone, but for certain people it can be the difference between abject misery and a tolerable existence or the difference between a mild pain and feeling normal. I'd love for there to be more clinical studies done to verify this, but that's not going to happen until governments stop treating it like some great evil.

That said...yeah, I'm sure quite a lot of effects are exaggerated. This stuff needs to be tested extensively to see if it has a reliable effect on stuff like anxiety. I take anxiety meds on top of CBD, so my results in that category aren't useful in this discussion.

I've always been a skeptic with this type of thing, especially considering my experiences with pot in college were not at all pleasant and I tend to bounce off of most subscriptions within a couple months because of not seeing tangible results...but I was able to go on an actual hike on Tuesday for the first time in 7 years. I didn't go from traction to a mountain right away, but little more than a year ago I could barely handle 5 minutes on a treadmill and now I was able to handle rolling hills and I'm not taking any other medications for my back. I don't get that improvement without me putting in the work necessary to get into shape...but I couldn't do that work when the pain was keeping me in bed.

Reactions: Roman Fell

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
You don't 'feel' things with CBD. Now if you're not seeing any relief that's a different story, but there is no high associated with CBD itself. It's about turning pain receptors off, not stimulating anything. Like I said earlier it's not a panacea, it's not going to be everything for everyone, but for certain people it can be the difference between abject misery and a tolerable existence or the difference between a mild pain and feeling normal. I'd love for there to be more clinical studies done to verify this, but that's not going to happen until governments stop treating it like some great evil.

That said...yeah, I'm sure quite a lot of effects are exaggerated. This stuff needs to be tested extensively to see if it has a reliable effect on stuff like anxiety. I take anxiety meds on top of CBD, so my results in that category aren't useful in this discussion.

I've always been a skeptic with this type of thing, especially considering my experiences with pot in college were not at all pleasant and I tend to bounce off of most subscriptions within a couple months because of not seeing tangible results...but I was able to go on an actual hike on Tuesday for the first time in 7 years. I didn't go from traction to a mountain right away, but little more than a year ago I could barely handle 5 minutes on a treadmill and now I was able to handle rolling hills and I'm not taking any other medications for my back. I don't get that improvement without me putting in the work necessary to get into shape...but I couldn't do that work when the pain was keeping me in bed.

Same for me, I eat Lyrica and Voxra, if you are familiar with them.

And I was hoping for a small miracle with the cbd oil, at last something that would eliminate my anxiety. But no, nothing at all.

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. But desperation makes you try everything and anything.

Do you have any ideas of other products that can enhance the general quality of life?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->