CBA Update from Eklund

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

Oil_slick9416 said:
geez, it's just a blog you people really should calm the hell down about eklund, did he kill your family or something?
Do you have any evidence that he did not??!??!!? Where is your source? Where is the LINK???!?!

;)

Seriously, I agree completely with you. Every time Eklund's name is mentioned, people feel compelled to say something snide, as if it is a sign that they are now among the cognoscenti by belittliing the guy. "Aaaaah, yes, Eklund ...{nods head sagely} ... BAD!"

It's all been said, folks. Please. Discussion over.

GSC2k2*

Trizent said:
I don't like Eklund. I hate his insecure indirect name dropping "rather than emailing a zillion hockey contacts" or whatever. Is this guy like 12 or what?

What is scary is the amount of so-called legit media that have given this guy props. Pathetic.
Who CARES what you think???!?! What difference does it make? What does it add to the discussion???!!? :shakehead

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
gscarpenter2002 said:
Who CARES what you think???!?! What difference does it make? What does it add to the discussion???!!? :shakehead

Fair point. I guess my point is that most legit media aren't so starved for attention. Doing that kind of thing makes me wonder about his credibility.

Last edited:

GSC2k2*

Trizent said:
Fair point. I guess my point is that most legit media are so starved for attention and do that kind of thing to try to make them seem more credible. To me, it makes me wonder about his credibility.
No offence to you in particular. I was more trying to speak to everyone who feels compelled every day to chime in with their views on Eklund EVERY time his name is mentioned. To all of those people I would say:

Your views are all duly noted. You don't need to re-post your views or add your voice to others who have expressed the EXACT SAME VIEW.

Now let's move on.

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
IceDragoon said:
Agreed.
Altho, I think ALL "Eklund" updates belong in one thread.
That way it doesn't matter if they are non or not.
I think that we also need a thread for Eklund haters to babble on about how much they hate him since so many people have proven themselves incapable of being mature enough to just avoid threads on subjects that they hate.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Since we're supposed to be sticking to a discussion of what's being reported in the blog, I propose the remainder of this thread be dedicated to talking about how badly Coldplay sucks.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
pkwjr said:
Another source, "The PA was being super diligent on small issues, so much so that the anticipation of what was to come when the big issues were drawn up was overwhelming people's radar and fear. It looks like that concern may have been addressed in some way, because people left Toronto happy."

I think that this is going to be my trademark (non-flame, rule-abiding) response in Eklund discussions that quote annonymous, unvarified sources - from someone who claims to be the X-files smoking man, while providing IMO a poor track record for getting results:

I hope, for the sake of history if nothing else, that there is a book written about the 'behind-the-scenes' happening in this labour dispute (with a time line detailing what happened, when) - written by at least one of the key negotiation figures...

As someone who (1) cares about hockey, and (2) believes half of what I see and none of what I hear, at this point, I can only hope for the best but assume the worst and "to thine own self be trueâ€...

Last edited:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Yep. Like I said, the Eklund-bashers are now far more of a problem for the board than Eklund ever was - immature, abrasive, obnoxious, and devoid of content.

Hope they cease their thread-destroying soon. :-(

Maybe its time for the mods to start warning people for contentless attacks on Eklund. Address the post, not the person.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Crazy_Ike said:
Yep. Like I said, the Eklund-bashers are now far more of a problem for the board than Eklund ever was - immature, abrasive, obnoxious, and devoid of content.

Hope they cease their thread-destroying soon. :-(

Maybe its time for the mods to start warning people for contentless attacks on Eklund. Address the post, not the person.

or maybe just have one designated thread for eklund updates rather than a new one 3 times day

Crossroads*

I can't wait until this lockout is over so Eklund can go back to being a nobody again.

GSC2k2*

Crossroads said:
I can't wait until this lockout is over so Eklund can go back to being a nobody again.
And thanks so much for your contributions too... :madfire:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Crossroads said:

It is these types of posts, not Eklund, that is ruining this board. If you dont like him, dont read the threads. Its that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
For all the talk about who's ruining what, there have been just as many posts trashing Eklund as there have been trashing those who trash Eklund (8). Only 5 actually talk about the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad