Signing(s): Cavaliers sign Kevin Love to 4 year/120 M extension

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They should've tried to blow it up and tank as much as possible until those bad contracts come off the books. Love is still a good player and he'll put up numbers but I don't think this contract will age well.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah this is confusing

not sure why the cavs just wouldn't tank. especially knowing the league will gift them like 2-3 #1 overall picks in the next 5 years anyways

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I like Love, he's a good player, got to think right now for better or worse he's the man in Cleveland.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
upload_2018-7-25_0-34-56.png

I hope Love does well in Cleveland and leads them back to greatness.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Now will we see him putting up Minnesota numbers again? We said the same about Bosh and his Toronto numbers when LeBron left Miami but Bosh never became a 20 and 10 guy ever again.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Now will we see him putting up Minnesota numbers again? We said the same about Bosh and his Toronto numbers when LeBron left Miami but Bosh never became a 20 and 10 guy ever again.

count stats-wise? sure. cavs have pretty bad roster so he should get plenty of touches.

adv. stats-wise? probably not quite as good, he was very efficient in minnesota and was considered top 10 player before the trade despite known issues on defense. unlikely he'd score that well.

overall impact-wise.. no chance, he's too easy to abuse on defense these days.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Cavs will be a lottery team next season no doubt in my mind.

I wouldn't be so sure; the east has 6 playoff teams this year...maybe 5 if pedo-Howard implodes the Wizards...the big boys in Toronto & Boston, and then Indiana, Philly, Milwaukee & Washington.

After that, there's an absolute cluster**** for the final 2 playoff spots; where the Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Hornets, & maybe even the Bulls, are in the same "bad but possibly not terribad" tier prior to injuries.

Only teams I'm confident will have lottery picks in the east are the Knicks, Nyets, Magic & Hawks.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wouldn't be so sure; the east has 6 playoff teams this year...maybe 5 if pedo-Howard implodes the Wizards...the big boys in Toronto & Boston, and then Indiana, Philly, Milwaukee & Washington.

After that, there's an absolute cluster**** for the final 2 playoff spots; where the Heat, Pistons, Cavs, Hornets, & maybe even the Bulls, are in the same "bad but possibly not terribad" tier prior to injuries.

Only teams I'm confident will have lottery picks in the east are the Knicks, Nyets, Magic & Hawks.

...say what? :help: :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

LeBron James had one of the best seasons of his career last year, and the Cavs still finished as the #4 seed. I 100% can see the Pacers, Bucks, and Wizards finishing higher than them. At that point, it's a battle for the 7/8 seeds between Cleveland, Miami, Detroit, Charlotte, and even New York who I think will be a bit better than people expect.

Personally, I think Miami will be better than Cleveland, and I believe that Detroit can surpass them, too, with a full year of Blake Griffin and a new coach in Casey.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He was injured for both seasons after Lebron left then retired. Healthy he probably would have seeing he was still only 31-32.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
LeBron James had one of the best seasons of his career last year, and the Cavs still finished as the #4 seed. I 100% can see the Pacers, Bucks, and Wizards finishing higher than them. At that point, it's a battle for the 7/8 seeds between Cleveland, Miami, Detroit, Charlotte, and even New York who I think will be a bit better than people expect.

Personally, I think Miami will be better than Cleveland, and I believe that Detroit can surpass them, too, with a full year of Blake Griffin and a new coach in Casey.

...sounds like the Cavs should trade JR for THJr :naughty:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bosh could still score 20 after LeBron left. He just never became the 10 RPG player he once was for a couple of seasons, healthy or not healthy.

And offence? Didn't know you were Canadian.

Because he wasnt the same player. He had health issues that obviously ended up being super serious. They also needed him to guide the attack w/ Wade now that there was two of them instead of 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad