GDT: WQSF | II | "Response" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.10.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Quinn Hughes can what…???!!!

IMG_1122.gif

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER
WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN ALL OF OIL COUNTRY COMES DOWN ON YOU!!

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
It's the second round of the playoffs and I'm not as excited as I used to be for Oilers playoffs
Glad I’m not feeling alone in this.

10 years ago I would be foaming at the mouth about this game.

Now I’m more in the “hey that last game was garbage, I think I’ll skip the first period or two and see how are doing in the third”

I wonder on Kevin Lowe’s scale of fan where I sit? Tier 5?

Injuries are cruel and we’ve been fortunate this year. I was worried something would happen in the playoffs. I think Drai is sitting and these are just mind games

Hopefully we gut out a win. Would be nice for Connor to show up tonight…

Reactions: Canovin

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Glad I’m not feeling alone in this.

10 years ago I would be foaming at the mouth about this game.

Now I’m more in the “hey that last game was garbage, I think I’ll skip the first period or two and see how are doing in the third”

I wonder on Kevin Lowe’s scale of fan where I sit? Tier 5?

Injuries are cruel and we’ve been fortunate this year. I was worried something would happen in the playoffs. I think Drai is sitting and these are just mind games

Hopefully we gut out a win. Would be nice for Connor to show up tonight…
My sentiments exactly. I feel like it's a combination of the NHL doing certain things in the last few years that I disagree with, which is why I no longer support the league monetarily. Also getting older you realize that sports, in the end isn't all that important. I still get amped up when they win and pissed when they lose but nowhere near like I used to. I'll listen to ched at first and maybe fire up a stream if the Oilers haven't laid a giant turd at center ice.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
My sentiments exactly. I feel like it's a combination of the NHL doing certain things in the last few years that I disagree with, which is why I no longer support the league monetarily. Also getting older you realize that sports, in the end isn't all that important. I still get amped up when they win and pissed when they lose but nowhere near like I used to. I'll listen to ched at first and maybe fire up a stream if the Oilers haven't laid a giant turd at center ice.
I feel very validated by this post.

Obviously I still cheer for them to win. I just can’t get emotionally wrapped up like I once did. I find by limiting how much I watch it helps me manage the emotional ups and downs. My wife has commented how foul I could be when they would lose a few years back. That’s not how I want to be so I had to change my mindset and how I approach the team.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Drai is playing. The question is how will he look?

If he looks like Aids I have a feeling we are done. If he looks good then hooray!

If Drai looks bad i'd rather him just play up with Mcdavid TBH

Reactions: Yablo21

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
McLeod can stop playing sissy hockey and get in front of the net. Nuge needs to do something like hit the net. Foegle blows and gave up on him. If you have no hope of scoring, contribute something else . Hit, forecheck, fight, disrupt, Something...

He’s a huge disappointment. Hasn’t scored in 30 games or something as well. Won’t hit. Won’t go to the net. If centering Corey Freaking Perry doesn’t get you to the dirty areas nothing will.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Using NHL players. Lavoie is not an NHL player.
Actually neither is post injury Connor Brown. An astute club would have tried what they got in guys like Lavoie, Broberg etc months ago. Now is not necessarily the time, i agree but I would rather have young legs that can skate, hit and shoot. Lavoie ticks all those boxes. What box is Connor Brown ticking other than Friend of the other Connor?

People can't even say pk anymore because the pk was never better than when Brown wasn't even on it. In playoffs nonetheless.

ps Anything Brown can Gagner can do better. But its about who you know in this org. Sam is yesterdays many times discarded guy. The Rodney Dangerfield in the roster.

"Hey Sam, c'mon down. We'll give you a chance this time, really we will, ignore the other times this time for real samwise"

if he didn't love the Oilers so much he would have hung up. Most people would. I definitely would.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
McLeod can stop playing sissy hockey and get in front of the net. Nuge needs to do something like hit the net. Foegle blows and gave up on him. If you have no hope of scoring, contribute something else . Hit, forecheck, fight, disrupt, Something...
McLeod went absolutely cold and Foegele reverted hard. Not sure what happened there, those 2 being useful were a huge part of the winning streaks we strung together. As it stands, Canucks 3rd line and our 3rd line are both causing us problems.

Reactions: Ibanez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He’s a huge disappointment. Hasn’t scored in 30 games or something as well. Won’t hit. Won’t go to the net. If centering Corey Freaking Perry doesn’t get you to the dirty areas nothing will.
Corey Perry is the worst player on any line he's on. People have to drag him around into the game. Another talking figurehead who's a pretty good interview. What of anything has Perry done in playoffs.

McLeod just made the 2nd best pass of the night first game that ought to have been an automatic 5-2 goal for Nugent Hopkins. McLeod has all kinds of pace, Janmark and McLeod have pace we really need. Unlike Brown or Perry who so far have just been here occupying shifts for some reason.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
McLeod is softer than babyshit. We don’t talk about it enough, but the dude sucks lately other than being fast. I count during the games how many times he avoids hitting.

He’s a decent pker so there is some value to him but other than that generally nothing offensive happens with him on the ice

Ps - I actually think Perry needs to sit. He’s awful and doesn’t add anything right now

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Outside of Kane there is just a feeling of softness throughout much of the team. They need show more grit, more toughness, more physicality up and down the lineup. Wake the f**k up

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Actually neither is post injury Connor Brown. An astute club would have tried what they got in guys like Lavoie, Broberg etc months ago. Now is not necessarily the time, i agree but I would rather have young legs that can skate, hit and shoot. Lavoie ticks all those boxes. What box is Connor Brown ticking other than Friend of the other Connor?

People can't even say pk anymore because the pk was never better than when Brown wasn't even on it. In playoffs nonetheless.

ps Anything Brown can Gagner can do better. But its about who you know in this org. Sam is yesterdays many times discarded guy. The Rodney Dangerfield in the roster.

"Hey Sam, c'mon down. We'll give you a chance this time, really we will, ignore the other times this time for real samwise"

if he didn't love the Oilers so much he would have hung up. Most people would. I definitely would.
I agree. Knob keeps playing the same guys and expecting different results. The only different results is when McDavid is taking over game. Other than that, he hide all these guys flaws. Foegele, McLeod, Brown needs to be sitting to send a message to the team. What's the point of having depth if the guys we are playing are more excited for summer than playing playoffs hockey

Reactions: Porkleaker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The remedy anytime people are saying McLeod sucks is just put him with Draisaitl and even Draisaitl with Foegele and McLeod. Stir, and watch them not suck. Its always been good for a 5-10 game window.

Of course we don't go back to that. We're glueing Kane to Drai indefinitely because Kane has played one good game in the last couple months and is a revered god for it.

heh

I agree. Knob keeps playing the same guys and expecting different results. The only different results is when McDavid is taking over game. Other than that, he hide all these guys flaws. Foegele, McLeod, Brown needs to be sitting to send a message to the team. What's the point of having depth if the guys we are playing are more excited for summer than playing playoffs hockey
No, Brown wants you to know he really really cares and he's going to be different this time, he's gonna be transformed and a completely diffferent player and score and stuff. he sez so. its coming man!

of course he's been saying that for a full year now to any team that would have him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Mcleod is trash. Dude could have a breakaway and he'd probably peel back, curl and wait for help.

Or skate around the net...whichever is safer

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
McLeod is who he is. Soft as melted butter, has tons of speed but no hands. He'll never amount to anything aside from a 4th liner.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Him and fogele doing their usual disappearing in the playoffs. McLeod plays too soft for the nhl

It's the second round of the playoffs and I'm not as excited as I used to be for Oilers playoffs
I am the same because I see the same issues this year. Soft play, shoddy goaltending and defense and lack of maturity. No idea why so many had the oilers as favourites this series nucks made us look terrible 5 straight now

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mcleod is trash. Dude could have a breakaway and he'd probably peel back, curl and wait for help.

Or skate around the net...whichever is safer
12G 18A 30 pts mostly bottomsix play, zero PP. What trash. What is Brown, Perry etc in view of this determination.

McLeod is the 2nd fastest dude on the team that when properly used is good at zone exits and gaining Ozone. But not gonna get a lot done with who he's playing with. Nobody can stir dead players like Brown and Perry back to life and nobody here has. Not McD, Not Drai, not anybody. Oh but here Ryan Mcleod we got this useless sod, your problem now. Make Connor Perry Brown happen. f*** I can't stop.

The conclusions on 24yr old Mcleod are so typical. Trash a young player, want him out of here (and people have been doing that since the kid was 21) and then watch him play another 10yrs in league and be very swiss knife usable on another team. Then bring him back at age 30 when he's post peak. You guys all want MORE of this.

No wonder we have hardly any prospects if the org thinks the same way as some of its fans.

Bringing in a stable of too old vets that can't play is no benefit whatsoever. Its actually a detriment as it limits spots for prospects as I've said all along, ironically on "Hockey futures" that used to be prospect friendly.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McLeod is who he is. Soft as melted butter, has tons of speed but no hands. He'll never amount to anything aside from a 4th liner.
18 assists and 30pts in limited minutes and mostly bottomsix suggests hands.

You know who has no hands. Yamamoto, the useless sod we glued to Draisaitl for 5yrs. Do that even once with Mcleod and he'd blow Yams stats out of the water.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
So Carrick and Stecher dropped off the face of the Earth as well as Campbell, Pickard? Did they get blasted to the Space Station. I missed the launch.

Brown did so well in game 1 doing absolutely nothing that he draws back in? Corey Fossil still in?

Is Sam Gagner in witness protection or does he still exist? Would he even play if Drai for some reason can't?

Some real strange continuing lineup decisions.

I like some things about KK but theres some other things that leave me wondering.

Stay the course. Look what it brought us in game 1. heh

Oilers W but need to be better and Skinner needs to be an actual NHL goalie this time.
I agree with you.

His rookie coach colors are showing and his refusal to scratch Perry is confusing at best. Brown still in while a bigger, more physical Carrick sits out. Janmark to the top line. The absolute refusal to take out Ceci. Holloway, our most physical forward last game not being bumped up to the first line- where Vancouver was very physical with McDavid. Confusing to say the least

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad