Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Habs 1-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Lack of confidence in healthy players right now I'm guessing and they REALLY don't want to play Gomez :laugh:

Nice to see Guds is back already. We are lucky we're able to replace our injured defenseman so quickly. I know there's a question about what to do when they're all healthy...but this is the Panthers. Does anyone really think that will ever happen?

Seriously! :laugh:

I had a feeling Guds would come back as soon as he possibly could with a cage on, he's feisty like that.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
This is random, but why is it that we rarely ever see guys set each other up for one-timers on the powerplay? The few times I've seen it from this team have been off the stick of Fleischmann, so that automatically means up into the mesh. Opponents do it every game no matter what kind of offense they have, so why are we different? Also, I saw a picture of Shore and Flesichmann practicing one-timers in practice. Uh, shouldn't Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Barkov, Boyes, etc be doing that as well? Anyone know if they are?

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Yep, with Jovo. Same lineup as the last game other than that.
I'm not sure why we don't send Shore down if he's just going to sit out every game.

No kidding! Fourth line could be so much better with him on it!

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This is random, but why is it that we rarely ever see guys set each other up for one-timers on the powerplay? The few times I've seen it from this team have been off the stick of Fleischmann, so that automatically means up into the mesh. Opponents do it every game no matter what kind of offense they have, so why are we different? Also, I saw a picture of Shore and Flesichmann practicing one-timers in practice. Uh, shouldn't Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Barkov, Boyes, etc be doing that as well? Anyone know if they are?

Yeah, I've seen Boyes, Bergenheim, and Barkov practice one-timers from each other at practice before. Boyes especially has a good quick shot.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

This is also random, but here are three quick videos I took from practice on December 27th. Two of them are Barkov doing one timers (stupidly didn't show the net in one of them) and another is of the B-line doing some passing play.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oh4kfobtcevgfuw/IMG_0086.MOV
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjn2hrqu3m4sdrz/IMG_0088.MOV
https://www.dropbox.com/s/79ycbs8f7jkli8v/IMG_0109.MOV

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

Funny you should mention that and the Panthers tweet this:

http://instagram.com/p/i1bYg0BI_q/

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'd like to a powerplay line of Barkov centering Boyes/Bergheim and Bjugstad. Campbell and Gilbert on the point. Umbrella with Campbell at the top, Gilbert on the top right and Bjugstad on the top left. Bjugstad will play top left side but will slowly wander into that "Ovechkin/Stamkos one-timer zone" above the left circle. Whole idea is to work the puck around until the pass lane opens up for Gilbert. Then Gilbert can one-touch it over to Bjugstad in his wheel house. Bjugstad is a right shot, so he can get a lot on it easily and hopefully Gilbert is far enough right so a goalie that can't move laterally will get beat by the shot if it's on net.

TB has been doing a variation of this play with Kucherov with the big shot one-timer. Why the heck can't we execute this on the powerplay. It's so frustrating..

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Weiss, Fleischmann, Versteeg use to attempt quick one-touch passes in a triangle around the net on our old powerplay. That was very effective along with Garrison's bomb at the point. We need more one-touch passing, quick one-timers and passes from behind the net to create better chances on the powerplay. I hate when I see Campbell fake the shot and pass over to Flesichmann just to have him hammer it high and wide. It's so basic, ineffective, easy to read and even easier to block. That is not working. Change the play now! Powerplays are absolutely killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad