Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Boston: Snow Day. (Up: Postponed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Snow supposed to stop by 2 am with none in the forecast for tomorrow. Winds will be howling 25 to 30 but Logan has enough directional runways to easily handle that. The nice thing about having a charter is you can leave anytime. :)

Do visiting teams fly out of Logan?

I know for a fact the Bruins generally fly out of Hanscom Field, about a half hour northwest of Boston. Here's our trip from Boston to Washington last week as the second half of a back-to-back:

Swift Air (WQ) #2130 ✈ FlightAware

The game started at 7, so it probably ended at around 9:45. Add in a half hour for media stuff, dressing, and packing, and a half hour to drive, and a half hour to load the plane, and you've got 11:15, the time they left.

I'm betting the setup at Logan proper is probably not as good for chartered flights, but I really don't know much about it. But you have to figure that a team that does this 25, 30 times per season has to know the fastest way to get out of Dodge for a back-to-back, particularly with routine weather.

Of course, in a storm, I don't know what's better...or if it's even logistically possible to make a change based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad