Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Boston: Snow Day. (Up: Postponed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Give Bjugstad the Petro treatment and scratch him after that dreadful performance in Minnesota.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Maybe this could work in our favor? Bruins usually beat us; instead, we can try for another streak while we play DET, CBJ, STL, CGY, build some momentum.
(In theory at least.)
Plus we won't have to play 3 games in 4 days (5 in 8) which is also good?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
They'd need to scratch the whole team then. It was an all-around let down, not one player failing.

It was an all-around let down. However, Bjugstad stood out like a sore thumb and was a team worse -3.

Directly responsible for 2 of the goals, not sure about the 5th because I stopped watching the game.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I think since Florida has already landed in Boston, they'll play.

Never forget:

I have to say, I hated that call, but I do love this meme-able picture....

http://www.concordmonitor.com/getat...16b4859781a/Panthers-Bruins-Hockey-JPEG-0db09

I went through all 3 schedules (Bruins, Panthers, arena), and it looks like either y'all get a 4-in-5 on 1/22, or the Bruins lose their bye week on 1/10 or 1/11. That's unless they involve a third team, or do a worse reschedule.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It was an all-around let down. However, Bjugstad stood out like a sore thumb and was a team worse -3.

Directly responsible for 2 of the goals, not sure about the 5th because I stopped watching the game.
1st goal, Yandle doesn't cover his man in front of the net. Bjugstad had his man covered.
3rd goal, from what I remember Bjugs did turn the puck over, but what are Petro & McGinn doing in front of the net? Had McGinn covered Staal, that goal doesn't happen.
4th goal, there's a line change going on and who knows what the trio of Ekblad/Yandle/McGinn were thinking in the corner.

So out of the four actual goals, we have one goal (3rd) where we can undoubtedly say that Bjugstad was partly responsible for. You're looking at the stats and seeing what you want to see, basically.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1st goal, Yandle doesn't cover his man in front of the net. Bjugstad had his man covered.
3rd goal, from what I remember Bjugs did turn the puck over, but what are Petro & McGinn doing in front of the net? Had McGinn covered Staal, that goal doesn't happen.
4th goal, there's a line change going on and who knows what the trio of Ekblad/Yandle/McGinn were thinking in the corner.

So out of the four actual goals, we have one goal (3rd) where we can undoubtedly say that Bjugstad was partly responsible for. You're looking at the stats and seeing what you want to see, basically.
This is 100% true actually.

Only one of the goals you can mainly blame Bjugstad for for the initial turnover. However, he still covered a man.

N8np0z.jpg

Goal one. Bjugstad was properly covering Winnik

Goal #2 Bjugstad was not on ice

LJhdZe.jpg

goal #3 That is Bjugstad covering 46. Staal beats McGinn for the rebound

kS8Mtm.jpg

And thats Goal 4 because of Ekblad and Yandle turning it over. Bjugstad is at the top covering the D-players. Their 3 beat our 3 downlow mainly Ekblad and Yandle.

Goal #5 Not on ice.

But lets just blame it on Bjugstad as well.

Hell...I blame the game getting cancelled on Bjugstad.

Damn it Bjugstad. I was going to drink from 4:30 to 7 you f***

This is why +- is irrelevant.

Reactions: Kellyr

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Another day, another Bjugstad is responsible for all our woes post!

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
So will the boys be able to get to Detroit for tomorrow's game or will they be snowed in?
Snow supposed to stop by 2 am with none in the forecast for tomorrow. Winds will be howling 25 to 30 but Logan has enough directional runways to easily handle that. The nice thing about having a charter is you can leave anytime. :)

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Sorry but you can't analyze plays based on screenshots. Not saying who is at fault but using a screenshot as evidence isn't very useful.

This.

He was directly responsible for 2 goals and just came on the ice for the 3rd goal. He was just “lucky enough” to tack that minus on to his resume.

No goals in 5 games. Yep, he’s looked stellar alright.

I wonder if he’ll have half as many points as March or Smith when the seasons over.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Snow supposed to stop by 2 am with none in the forecast for tomorrow. Winds will be howling 25 to 30 but Logan has enough directional runways to easily handle that. The nice thing about having a charter is you can leave anytime. :)

Suppose to be -17C or 1 degree Fahrenheit but suppose to feel closer to -25C or -13F in Detroit tomorrow. Better keep that plane warm.

This weekend, my city (15mins from Toronto) will reach -37C with wind chill, -34F.
I've built my igloo strong, my fridge is stocked with bacon, maple syrup, french fries, cheese and gravy. Rum and whiskey to keep me warm, my snowmobile is full of gas and my hockey stick ready to fight off polar bears. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad