Post-Game Talk: Cats 3, Pens 2 OT | At Least We Got a Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
And I hate anyone giving Bjugstad any type of shit for that game.

Oh hey, we just traded for you guys and you may be just getting a little comfortable after these last two games.

But we are going to mix up the lines again. Bjugstad, you’re going to play a completely different position.

Sullivan is just as much to blame as anyone right now. Guy is freefalling right now and searching for any branch that doesn’t break under his weight to grab onto.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
All situations goal differential in the last 15 games:

Letang: +1 (25 GF, 24 GA)
Crosby: +2 (20 GF, 18 GA)
Guentzel: +3 (21 GF, 20 GA)
Kessel: -8 (13 GF, 21 GA)
Malkin: -1 (16 GF, 17 GA in 11 games)

When your top players are playing to a draw in terms of goals for and goals against, you're going to have a lot of trouble winning games. This team is basically demanding their depth players win games for them right now, because their top players are getting scored on just as much as they're scoring. That isn't a recipe for success for any team.

Long gone are the days you can slot Phil with Bones and Hags.
It might simply be time to offer Phil up for sale at this DL and into the summer.
You want other teams to talk one of their better D for one of your guys, Phil gets em talkin', Olli and a 1st don't.

Reactions: Angrrus

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
sht-happens-sometimes-25-20.jpg

That looks like my beagle’s evil stare when he doesn’t get the food he thinks he deserves off my plate..

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I am not sure what image people have built up about Schultz in his absence. But his insertion in the lineup never in a million years can fix all that is wrong with this team.

tamjteu1sq4ajzyt3hik.jpg

Oh a PMD who actually can, you know, move the puck, would be beyond welcome. But there is a lot more wrong than even one modern day Bobby Orr could fix.
Eh. It improves the number if d man able to move the puck from 0 to 1 for 20 minutes a night. That is a big deal.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Sully should just bench the next guy who refuses to shoot on a glorious chance and instead forces a pass.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I am not sure what image people have built up about Schultz in his absence. But his insertion in the lineup never in a million years can fix all that is wrong with this team.

tamjteu1sq4ajzyt3hik.jpg

Oh a PMD who actually can, you know, move the puck, would be beyond welcome. But there is a lot more wrong than even one modern day Bobby Orr could fix.

I honestly think Schultz can make this team look insanely better.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Does anyone have the data on the amount of different lines teams around the league have used?

It honestly feels like it’s preseason right now and the Penguins are looking for shit that works.

Almost 60 games into the season and this coaching staff and front office have honestly no clue what they want in terms of lines.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
UFC Saturday so I will be watching that again instead.

I wish JJ Bones was fighting. Whether it be PED's, cocaine, HGH, sober... whatever dood is into he wrecks people. Him and Mighty Mouse Demitrius are pure joy to watch.
Remember when Bones fought Gustavsen(sp) (I think it was gustav) and he ripped bones arm in half and Bones refused to tap still finished the fight and whooped on him. Dood would rather have his limbs broken than lose....

Wish the penguins had that kind of drive... most of them make more money than most all of those ufc guys.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You just pulled out our starts GF differential. Let me know Johnson’s.

Johnson was on the ice for a shorthanded goal against that wasn't even his fault tonight, and that's about all he did. He's not the reason this team lost, complaining about him tonight just shows you didn't watch the game.

Johnson had a standard game for him tonight: thoroughly whatever with a goal against and a 47% CF%. If that is causing your team to lose games, your team blows.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wish JJ Bones was fighting. Whether it be PED's, cocaine, HGH, sober... whatever dood is into he wrecks people. Him and Mighty Mouse Demitrius are pure joy to watch.
Remember when Bones fought Gustavsen(sp) (I think it was gustav) and he ripped bones arm in half and Bones refused to tap still finished the fight and whooped on him. Dood would rather have his limbs broken than lose....

Wish the penguins had that kind of drive... most of them make more money than most all of those ufc guys.

Love to watch Jones fight and MIGHTY MOUSE IS AWESOME! soooo fast.

Reactions: shoplifter

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
What's more concerning: Crosby being very inflexible about who is in his RW, or Sullivan refusing to say "no" when Crosby wants to go back to Rust or Simon?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Can't be worse. He could bleed goals against but as long as he can make some passes, that's an upgrade.

Schultz has always been our Dman that we could rely on to put accurate shots on net.

That is something this team desperately needs.

That is something that Hornqvist has made a living on and desperately needs. He can’t do shit when the rest of our Dmen rifle shots off of the backboards.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Johnson was on the ice for a shorthanded goal against that wasn't even his fault tonight, and that's about all he did. He's not the reason this team lost, complaining about him tonight just shows you didn't watch the game.
The ENTIRE team is gahbage. Singling any player out is ... well... pointless. You can single any player out tonight and say they were terrible and you would be right.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
All situations goal differential in the last 15 games:

Letang: +1 (25 GF, 24 GA)
Crosby: +2 (20 GF, 18 GA)
Guentzel: +3 (21 GF, 20 GA)
Kessel: -8 (13 GF, 21 GA)
Malkin: -1 (16 GF, 17 GA in 11 games)

When your top players are playing to a draw in terms of goals for and goals against, you're going to have a lot of trouble winning games. This team is basically demanding their depth players win games for them right now, because their top players are getting scored on just as much as they're scoring. That isn't a recipe for success for any team.

Its called the ebbs and flows of an 82 game season.

Sid Letang and Jake are the 3 biggest reasons this team is still in a playoff spot.

Those 3 players are the last players that deserve criticism.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Sid Letang and Jake are the 3 biggest reasons this team is still in a playoff spot.

Johnson though

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On the positive side one more point toward the playoffs. And I suppose at times this year when the Pens seemed to be interested in the opponent and a stick measuring contest they have shown that they can play decent hockey against anyone.

Other than that I got nothing.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Lotta ebbing lotta ebbing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad