Prospect Info: Casey Staum - 124th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Absolutely horrendous pick, don't care if it's the 5th round

Which pick would have made this pick an okay one for you? I mean you're right it's a bad pick in the sense thst nobody knew him and he never developed but at that point who would you have picked? The only worthy mention in the 5th round and past it is Jesper Bratt. Maxim Mamin might be worth a mention too but that's about it.

It's a dice roll on a not so deep draft.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Which pick would have made this pick an okay one for you? I mean you're right it's a bad pick in the sense thst nobody knew him and he never developed but at that point who would you have picked? The only worthy mention in the 5th round and past it is Jesper Bratt. Maxim Mamin might be worth a mention too but that's about it.

It's a dice roll on a not so deep draft.
-2 picks later, Jesper Bratt who had 35 points in his rookie season
-Matthew Phillips who is tearing up the WHL
-Tanner Laczynski who put him very good numbers in Big-10
-Dimitry Sokolov who is insanely talented and tore up the CHL

Those are just some of the players. Even at that time, many of us wanted Sokolov instead

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Those are just some of the players. Even at that time, many of us wanted Sokolov instead

I think it goes back to our awful scouts, especially in the West where Crawford should have never been employed by the Habs. He couldn't find a player in his own backyard for the Canucks, and Montreal snags him up like some prized treasure. The guy who recommended King, martinsen.. Ott.. yeah, what a huge tool doing our scouting in the WHL and the west.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018

-2 picks later...? Not sure what you meant there. Are you refering to Pezetta? Bratt was a 6th round pick(Pezetta being 2 picks before him) and Sokolov a mid 7th round pick. He is tearing up the OHL but remember, at the very least half of the teams were fine with leaving him undrafted so him panning out doesn't really make this 5th pick any worse. I think Phillips is red hot down there but I doubt he makes it to the NHL. Have you seen his size? Gionta and Desharnais look big next to him.

I just tought using horendous for this pick was a bit exagerated.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
-2 picks later...? Not sure what you meant there. Are you refering to Pezetta? Bratt was a 6th round pick(Pezetta being 2 picks before him) and Sokolov a mid 7th round pick. He is tearing up the OHL but remember, at the very least half of the teams were fine with leaving him undrafted so him panning out doesn't really make this 5th pick any worse. I think Phillips is red hot down there but I doubt he makes it to the NHL. Have you seen his size? Gionta and Desharnais look big next to him.

I just tought using horendous for this pick was a bit exagerated.
Woops, you are right. My bad. I was thinking about Pezzetta who was also an awful pick.
For Staum:
-Jordan Stallard
-Yegor Rykov
-Max Lajoie

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Woops, you are right. My bad. I was thinking about Pezzetta who was also an awful pick.
For Staum:
-Jordan Stallard
-Yegor Rykov
-Max Lajoie

No problem, I had the draft list loaded so I had skimmed through it a little bit. Lajoie I can agree on, the other 2 I don't really know them and from what I see Stallard had his break out season this year, so let's wait before jumping guns on Stallard as far as I'm concerned.

Staum is just another of those kids that came out of a Minnesota school, I don't know who's the guy who reports from there for the Habs but there's been a bunch of meh picks coming from that state, you'd think that guy would get fired.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No problem, I had the draft list loaded so I had skimmed through it a little bit. Lajoie I can agree on, the other 2 I don't really know them and from what I see Stallard had his break out season this year, so let's wait before jumping guns on Stallard as far as I'm concerned.

Staum is just another of those kids that came out of a Minnesota school, I don't know who's the guy who reports from there for the Habs but there's been a bunch of meh picks coming from that state, you'd think that guy would get fired.
A few of us really wanted Lajoie there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad