Confirmed with Link: Casey Nelson re-signs (2yrs, AAV $812.5k)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I'm not a big Nelson fan but hard to complain at that price. Defensive depth is extremely important, and it looks like we're setting ourselves up nicely in that regard.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm fully expecting him to turn back into a pumpkin at the strike of midnightOctober, but hard not to be happy with the signing. Low price, and if he does stick in the NHL, we've got a bargain for the next couple seasons.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Good to have depth on the blueline and he certainly held his own last year. I like it.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I'm really surprised there are people calling this a steal/great signing. To me, it's exactly the contract we should've been expecting given his inability to crack the NHL roster and his poor AHL performance (based on what I've read).

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
^^@gallagt01 There was no guarantee he would re-sign.

1) Didn't get enough pro games to make him RFA ==> was he being valued by Sabres org.?
2) Dahlin, Risto, (Bogosian), and possibly Antipin ahead of him on depth chart...

I would characterize his performance as bi-modal. There were times he looked like he had only played ~50 NHL games. And there were times we were surprised he had played only 50 NHL games.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It's good to know Botterill recognizes good and bad on the roster, lets hope hes working on sending Blowu down to the AHL. If anything this is adequate depth that doesn't completely handicap us if someone goes down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad