Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt traded to COL for D Bo Byram. Straight up.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
At some point they had to flip a forward for a D and he is the one who was next in need of getting paid. I just expected it to be a more veteran D. Did not expect to get younger.

Byram hasn't had a good year at all. But if they liked the player at least they did something. This is good news for Krebs and maybe for going back to an all D jump into the play all the time style that was, at least, fun.
We’re basically the best farm team in hockey. Forget playoffs.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Avs fan coming in peace.

Why Byram? You guys are stacked on the left?
I am confused too but we have many forward prospects and mitts has been slaying and is up for a new contract and Byram fits within the age range and is good dahlin,Sammy and Ryan Johnson have experience on the right having an even split of 3 lh and 3 rh is hard it's why good rhd are highly coveted but if a defenseman is equally effective on their offhand side the difference is negligible. Hopefully we throw in something extra to get a first as well because you guys need center depth more than we need d.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Adams is alive.

Not sure if I like the deal - Byram has had major injury problems. Good luck Casey.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Just as an FYI Byram has played on the right before...I don't think it's his stronger side, but he says he enjoys it. I believe that all of the Avs games your AGM was at he was on the right.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Straight up?

Oh no.

They had two years of control left on Casey and the best they could do was a 22 year old D with concussion problems who fell off a cliff.

I really assumed there was more to the deal than this.

Yikes.

Yikes.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I don't know enough about Byram.

But trading for a LHD seems kinda stupid.

Edit: oh shit the dude has Tim Connolly brain. f*** that is a bad trade

Reactions: Daz28

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If Byram was a RHD, at least this trade would make some sort of sense.

We all know Dahlin plays better on the right. But are we really going to run a top 4 of all LHDs and only Sammy as a defensively-stout guy?

Reactions: Daz28

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Unless there is something I am missing, or we picked up Byram to pass on to someone else, I really, really, dislike this trade.

Reactions: Macbanan

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If Byram was a RHD, at least this trade would make some sort of sense.

We all know Dahlin plays better on the right. But are we really going to run a top 4 of all LHDs and only Sammy as a defensively-stout guy?
I can’t remember what I was listening to - I think it was Expected Buffalo - that the ‘06 team was all LHD. I haven’t fact checked that though.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Just as an FYI Byram has played on the right before...I don't think it's his stronger side, but he says he enjoys it. I believe that all of the Avs games your AGM was at he was on the right.

Appreciate that.

I.. hate this trade, but I should also be patient. Sounds like the team is trying a thing, it’s just not one I particularly like.

Wonder if Mitts was willing to re-sign. If he was, this was dumb. But it was probably looking unlikely.

..dunno man. Not my first choice, but maybe this is one we all look silly on. Probably not, but the Sabres haven’t squashed the flicker of optimism I maintain.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I hate almost everything this org is right now. After his rough start--which was caused, in part, by another garbage general manager rushing him into the NHL/AHL when he clearly wasn't ready--Casey's done everything the team's asked of him and developed into one of their few well-rounded forwards who's really been coming into his own. And he was still under team control for 2 years! Worst case scenario, go to arbitration, pay him short-term so he's here for the next 2 seasons, and you can figure out where to go from there based on how the team's doing, how other players have developed, etc.

And we trade him for a damaged goods LHD and get *nothing else* back? Not a single pick or propect attached?

The drought is gonna reach drinking age, easy.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
8i9nl6.jpg

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So how does this make us a better team now?

I'm assuming that confidence of getting a deal done with Casey went bye bye pretty quickly. Now Adams will have a chance to negotiate a deal with another RFA that he just acquired.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So how does this make us a better team now?

I'm assuming that confidence of getting a deal done with Casey went bye bye pretty quickly. Now Adams will have a chance to negotiate a deal with another RFA that he just acquired.
It doesn't.

It doesn't make us a better team later either.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad