Confirmed with Link: Casey Fitzgerald (2016, 86th) – '18-19: Boston College #5 (NCAA) SIGNED

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Love Weber's comments today about how he couldn't understand how Casey wasn't playing defense under the last regime and that both he and Appert think he will get games at the next level.

Reactions: joshjull

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Love Weber's comments today about how he couldn't understand how Casey wasn't playing defense under the last regime and that both he and Appert think he will get games at the next level.

I think it was obvious during this preseason that Fitz WILL get into NHL games. Not sure if he'll ever be a regular, but I could see him as being a 7th dman who won't kill you taking a regular 3rd pair shift when needed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think it was obvious during this preseason that Fitz WILL get into NHL games. Not sure if he'll ever be a regular, but I could see him as being a 7th dman who won't kill you taking a regular 3rd pair shift when needed.

I made this point when Botts was overstocking RHD - they lost development time with Fitz by either having him scratched or playing forward. He's shown he'll do whatever they ask to help the team, which is great, but by the same token, they haven't done him any favors by having 75,000 Feduns in front of him.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

The chirps and hits are fine, just get up to speed on the pace of play please.

The best we can hope for here is that he plays even (not a liability) and that his attitude starts to rub off on some of the forwards. So much of the game is based on confidence. It would be nice to get in another team's heads and get them frustrated for a change.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The best we can hope for here is that he plays even (not a liability) and that his attitude starts to rub off on some of the forwards. So much of the game is based on confidence. It would be nice to get in another team's heads and get them frustrated for a change.

Yep. He's a game little bastard out there - he gets that to make an impression he has to be a physical player. It would be nice to have some more swagger from the blueline out of the current group. Funny, but it is their Swedes (or near-Swedes) who do the dirty work physically.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Yep. He's a game little bastard out there - he gets that to make an impression he has to be a physical player. It would be nice to have some more swagger from the blueline out of the current group. Funny, but it is their Swedes (or near-Swedes) who do the dirty work physically.

Demi-Swedes? You might get away with that to a Dane or Norwegian, but don't say that around a Finn.
:laugh:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20220707-131346_Instagram.jpg

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Marty Biron really likes Fitz as top 6. Hmm
Duff sees him as a 7/8. Phew

Chad (iirc) thinks they will sign PK Subban.
Lance thinks they won't sign PK Subban because he will block the kids.

Let's see how this plays out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4