Value of: Carter+Muzzin/Martinez to Flyers

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Man you would think I said Provorov or Ghost!!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Sanheim and Meyers look good but Muzzin is already developed and would help the flyers now, and be an upgrade now.

And the flyers don't have a competent goalie now, so it's moot. Better to stick with the players that can grow with the team.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I'm not wishing I had him, just saying I'd take him over Hak, and handily at that. Though I'd honestly prefer just about literally anyone back there besides him.
When will Flyers fans realize its the players not the coach? They haven't had a good starting goalie in my lifetime, never had a good defence core since the Pronger days, yet its always the coaches fault.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I'm not wishing I had him, just saying I'd take him over Hak, and handily at that. Though I'd honestly prefer just about literally anyone back there besides him.
It will probably happen. Who would you suggest? Would Alain Vigneault be an option?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
When will Flyers fans realize its the players not the coach? They haven't had a good starting goalie in my lifetime, never had a good defence core since the Pronger days, yet its always the coaches fault.

Spoken like someone who truly doesnt watch Flyers games. No other coach in the league would play Jori Lehtera as a 2C or Andrew MacDonald as a 3D. I get he doesnt have the best tools at his disposal. But he's trying to tighten a bolt with a hammer with the personnel he does have.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It will probably happen. Who would you suggest? Would Alain Vigneault be an option?

I had wanted Keefe, but i get the feeling theres a reason he hasnt gone anywhere yet. Right now, i'd say give it to Knoblauch as interim til end of the year and see what shakes out. Its not really a contending year for us anyway.

From what i've seen and heard from both nucks and rangers fans. Vigneault isnt too much better than Hakstol when it comes to player usage.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I had wanted Keefe, but i get the feeling theres a reason he hasnt gone anywhere yet. Right now, i'd say give it to Knoblauch as interim til end of the year and see what shakes out. Its not really a contending year for us anyway.

From what i've seen and heard from both nucks and rangers fans. Vigneault isnt too much better than Hakstol when it comes to player usage.

Vignuts would have Patrick playing 4th line minutes. You don't want Vigneault.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
What I'm surprised about is that no one mentioned Carter's exit from Philly. Would the Flyers really want to bring him back? He was a supposed party animal and I saw some pics on the Internet of him and Richards beyond shitfaced. Maybe Richards was just the bad influence, being that his career slowly went to absolute trash after being dealt and Carter is still a good player, but I just can't see them even considering Carter.

Who knows, I could be wrong.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Spoken like someone who truly doesnt watch Flyers games. No other coach in the league would play Jori Lehtera as a 2C or Andrew MacDonald as a 3D.

Lehtera has never ever been used as a 2C in Philly - he's averaging 8:30 at ES in 18-19. MacDonald has was used as a top 4 dman by multiple NHL coaches before Hakstol arrived and continued to do that in his first three seasons as coach, but MacDonald is the #7D this season.

NHL.com - Stats

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
What I'm surprised about is that no one mentioned Carter's exit from Philly. Would the Flyers really want to bring him back? He was a supposed party animal and I saw some pics on the Internet of him and Richards beyond ****faced. Maybe Richards was just the bad influence, being that his career slowly went to absolute trash after being dealt and Carter is still a good player, but I just can't see them even considering Carter.

Yeah that's not him anymore. And really who cares? He was a kid then.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What I'm surprised about is that no one mentioned Carter's exit from Philly. Would the Flyers really want to bring him back? He was a supposed party animal and I saw some pics on the Internet of him and Richards beyond ****faced. Maybe Richards was just the bad influence, being that his career slowly went to absolute trash after being dealt and Carter is still a good player, but I just can't see them even considering Carter.

The bold is not true. He was a great 1B center for LA till he got his bell rung by I believe Bolland. It changed everything

Reactions: Reaper45

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Every fan thinks their coach sucks, plays favorites and bad veterans. a lot of people really don't know what they're talking about.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So you're saying Rangers fans are wrong about Vigneault?

I'm saying a lot of people on the internet don't really know what they're talking about, not a hot take.

It's the same personnel complaints. Staal/McQuaid over ADA on the Ranger board....McLeod over Butch or whoever...it's a never ending cycle.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017

Now that he's free what about Quenneville?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'm saying a lot of people on the internet don't really know what they're talking about, not a hot take.

I'm not calling you out for a "hot take," I wanted to know if you think they're wrong about Vigneault.

It's the same personnel complaints. Staal/McQuaid over ADA on the Ranger board....McLeod over Butch or whoever...it's a never ending cycle.

Staal is atrocious. The eye test and the advanced stats show it. He shouldn't be playing. The reason he plays is because of that horrible contract he has and the fact that they can't buy him out right now, as they'd have almost $5 million in dead cap space if they did.

McQuaid is a little overblown. I don't see how he's that much of a problem. I do agree that ADA has been good and deserves minutes.

McLeod shouldn't play at all. He provides nothing. The reason he stays in is tank commander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad