Value of: Carter+Muzzin/Martinez to Flyers

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
What would it take to get Carter and one of Muzzin or Martinez to the Flyers? Flyers could afford to move draft picks and have a number of prospects who could be made available.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Not sure if LA would move two guys just yet, but i'd be looking at a mid 1st + decent prospect for Carter, a mid 1st for Muzzin and a mid 2nd + for Martinez as a rough value (whether thats in prospects or picks)

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I've said before I'd do Vorobyev+ for carter. Carter could slot in now at 2c will eventually be passed by Patrick and if they slow cook frost the way they have other prospects he'll be coming up around the end of carters deal. As a scoring center carter has always been a challenge to find the right guys to play with i just think jvr and voracek are those guys

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
I really like Carter but as of right now, I don’t want to diminish the ice time of our future Selke-nominee Nolan Patrick.

NP play (plays? does it take an ‘s’?) well in both zones, he kill(s?) it in the faceoff circle and his line (Lindblom - NP - Voracek) is a constant offensive threat.

I would rather wait 1-2 years and try to acquire Carter to be our 3C on a contending team.

About Muzzin/Martinez, do they mostly play as LD or on their off side? Second or third pairing?

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Not sure if LA would move two guys just yet, but i'd be looking at a mid 1st + decent prospect for Carter, a mid 1st for Muzzin and a mid 2nd + for Martinez as a rough value (whether thats in prospects or picks)

Mid 1st and a prospect for a 33 y/o ? Ummm, NO.

Reactions: north49er

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I really like Carter but as of right now, I don’t want to diminish the ice time of our future Selke-nominee Nolan Patrick.

NP play (plays? does it take an ‘s’?) well in both zones, he kill(s?) it in the faceoff circle and his line (Lindblom - NP - Voracek) is a constant offensive threat.

I would rather wait 1-2 years and try to acquire Carter to be our 3C on a contending team.

About Muzzin/Martinez, do they mostly play as LD or on their off side? Second or third pairing?
Future Selke Nominee? Thats a joke right?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

Both are LD although Martinez can play RD and has been for us for a while now. They are both second pairing Dmen, Muzzin as a 3 and Martinez as a 4.

Mid 1st and a prospect for a 33 y/o ? Ummm, NO.

I don't think that is an unrealistic ask unless Carter completely shits the bed this year. He scored 13 goals in 27 games last year coming back from his laceration, he has 4 for us this year. It may be a risk for the team picking him up as he does age but he is still a top talent.

Jeff Carter Stats and News

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I do jokes about A LOT of things but Nolan Patrick isn’t one of them.
He played for the junior team in my area. He's never dominated junior defensively, I don't know how you can believe he would in the NHL. Patrick won't even be the best defensive forward on his team. Especially when there are guys like Barkov, Point, W.Karlsson, ROR on top of the usual suspects in Kopitar, Bergeron, Couturier and guys like McDavid, Matthews who are both underrated defensively because of their elite offence.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
No interest in aging Jeff Carter and the way they once shipped him out to CLB and how he took it, I' believe Philly would be the last place for him to return to if he had a say in that.

Muzzin could make sense if he finds his game after a change of scenery. A Veteran D on a reasonable contract is what could help to stabilize the Flyers' defense. Could be paired with Ghost on the second pairing.
Would a 2019 first (top-5 protected) do it?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No interest in aging Jeff Carter and the way they once shipped him out to CLB and how he took it, I' believe Philly would be the last place for him to return to if he had a say in that.

Muzzin could make sense if he finds his game after a change of scenery. A Veteran D on a reasonable contract is what could help to stabilize the Flyers' defense. Could be paired with Ghost on the second pairing.
Why would the Kings give away a top 4 defensemen on a good deal for a protected top 5 pick without Philadelphia adding?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
The Flyers want to get better not older.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Future Selke Nominee? Thats a joke right?
Its not that Farfetched. His pre draft player comparisons by scouts were guys like Brindamour, more offensive Jordan Staal and the one I see most, Kopitar.

Its gonna be hard for him to win with Couturier on his team so I wouldn't bet on it but he's undoubtedly the best defensive forward in his draft

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Would rather have a player that is getting closer to playing significant minutes.

Myers + 2nd?
Sanheim + 3rd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->