Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It will make us stronger. We all have each other through this. And the important thing is that.

This will bring us closer together as fans. But not close enough. I know how we could become closer. We'll be the ultimate fandom. A fandom joined together in one body. More fan than I am alone.

e410e03cc604d77652836825ad61625b348e2d6e.gif

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Zavragin and Bjarnason from the 2023 draft. No surprise they took goalies in rounds 2 and 3?
On NHL radio the other day there was a discussion about clubs needing to be at least three if not four goalies deep these days. The era of a goalie doing 65+ games per season is over. An injury hits so a club is into their third string net minder pretty fast.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
On NHL radio the other day there was a discussion about clubs needing to be at least three if not four goalies deep these days. The era of a goalie doing 65+ games per season is over. An injury hits so a club is into their third string net minder pretty fast.

There is that, but you've always gotta have your Next Guy in the pipe too. Building around a goalie being paid 7+ million is hard. It's a ton of cap space locked into the most one dimensional and least efficient position. And despite the importance of having a reliable G, if you're spending like 10 million on it then that guy needs to be like Bob in the '23 playoffs all the time to live up to that.

It's probably safer to have a 5 million goalie who is merely reliable and another couple depth players to make the skater group more dangerous, than it is to have the 10 million dollar guy and whatever cheap dirt you can fill the skaters out with.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm about to give the dogs ground lamb, chicken liver, blueberries, sweet potatoes, and spinach for dinner. You want some of that?

You make your own dog food? Mine eats a steady diet of lean ground turkey, unsalted peas and black beans, pumpkin, and sweet potato, with a little bit of couscous to soak up the juices. Lot of turmeric for her joints because she's getting up there.

It makes the whole house smell and I pretend it's one of my most-hated chores, but I secretly love cracking a Tyski and whipping up a giant vat of health slop for my best friend.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
In all seriousness, this seems really bad.

If it’s not really bad, I’d be rather shocked that in light of the hockey canada rumors and Hart’s prior mystery illness, they wouldn’t have given some type of clarification from the start regarding the nature of the absence to prevent very damaging speculation.

I’d be particularly surprised because with their handling of the Cutter situation, they seemed to clearly understand the importance of controlling the narrative.

Or I guess it’s just possible this situation doesn’t require throwing anyone under the bus / provoking death threats, so the Flyers are out of their element 🤷‍♂️

Sure makes the timing of Torts comments and that email to season ticketholders seem interesting though…

Reactions: WolfOfBroadStreet14

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You make your own dog food? Mine eats a steady diet of lean ground turkey, unsalted peas and black beans, pumpkin and sweet potato, with a little bit of couscous to soak up the juices. Lot of turmeric for her joints because she's getting up there.

It makes the whole house smell and I pretend it's one of my most-hated chores, but I secretly love cracking a Tyski and whipping up a giant vat of health slop for my best friend.

Yep! They do get kibble sometimes too. We usually do lean meats, but every once in a while they'll get something fattier like lamb for a little variety.

The two retrievers will eat anything. The pug flatly refuses to eat the same thing for more than a couple of days in a row. So we rotate pretty much everything. The pug loves lentils. I do not love sleeping with a pug who has eaten them.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yep! They do get kibble sometimes too. We usually do lean meats, but every once in a while they'll get something fattier like lamb for a little variety.

The two retrievers will eat anything. The pug flatly refuses to eat the same thing for more than a couple of days in a row. So we rotate pretty much everything. The pug loves lentils. I do not love sleeping with a pug who has eaten them.

I've had a bag of lentils sitting around to incorporate into her food in place of the couscous but I haven't actually made it that way yet for the reason you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad