Confirmed with Link: Carter Ashton suspended 2 games

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Nice to see us Leafs fans being fair and reasonable. Other fan-bases should read this thread for sure. My expectations were 2-3 games suspension with hope that it will teach kid not to do it in the future. And with his recent play Ashton could have good NHL future.

Nicely done, Leafs fans! :thumbu:

mikebel111*

Yup. Fair.
Love the way he was playing. Just needs control

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Careless hit. He deserved the suspension.

If it was someone like Dustin Brown though, it wouldn't even have a hearing. Thats my beef with the league.

And trust me, Brown, Marchand and other players of this type have made hits like that tons of times.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Should have banned for life. According to fans from around the NHL, he's a rat, and is worse then Kaleta and Scott. Might as well have gotten rid of him while we could.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Fair suspension.

That hit has no place in the game. From the moment he lined up the player, all he was seeing was numbers.

I like his physicality, but obviously tone it down a tad

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Should have banned for life. According to fans from around the NHL, he's a rat, and is worse then Kaleta and Scott. Might as well have gotten rid of him while we could.

Not too much from around the NHL, more just from Buffalo, who's fans seem to be bitter of late. Must be all the losses.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Fair suspension given that no injury occurred.

However, seems a tad inconsistent considering Fisher got nothing for his dangerous push on Franson that caused a pretty serious cut!

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Fair suspension given that no injury occurred.

However, seems a tad inconsistent considering Fisher got nothing for his dangerous push on Franson that caused a pretty serious cut!

This is what I am saying. An established top 6 forward, almost never gets suspended no matter how serious the hit.

remember Nash throwing a flying elbow to the back of a guys head? Ya that didnt have a hearing even.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This is what I am saying. An established top 6 forward, almost never gets suspended no matter how serious the hit.

remember Nash throwing a flying elbow to the back of a guys head? Ya that didnt have a hearing even.

It depends who you are, lost respect for him. Maybe the wild man will grow up next year. Bye Ashton.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ashton is the only one hurt by this suspension. The team won't miss him at all, especially with Kulemin coming back.

He blew it large. It was almost worse than the Holzer post terrible fight clap. Call me petty but wouldn't want to be associated with a clapper. A neck breaker is at least...well I don't like either.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
my mistake, used the wrong word there. But still he's a dirty player, he has no place on this team, I can't wait till he is gone. He should know he is the most hated leaf

From everything I have read on this board he is FAR from the most hated leaf. In my opinion there has to be a level of intent to be "dirty" and you don't get the impression that he meant to injure on that hit.

L Corncrick

NHL Outsider
Oct 8, 2011
Planet Funk
He's a hustle player who has to do anything he can to stay in the NHL. It's a bad hit but we see one of those every night in the league. Nobody died, Carter learned a lesson about boundaries, seems fine to me.

I can't understand hating the kid. Ridiculous people will say ridiculous things.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Not a Leafs fan, but I take issue with that call. Two minutes definitely, five minutes maybe, even a fine, but I mean, is every boarding play gonna be a suspension now? I dunno, seems excessive to me. Two minutes and O'Brien's fist in his nose is plenty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad