Confirmed with Link: Carter Ashton suspended 2 games

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

Penalty Kill Icing*

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 1m
Carter Ashton suspended for the next two games for his boarding hit in Calgary #Leafs

NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety 2m
Carter Ashton suspension video. http://s.nhl.com/qpqHI

Video:
[nhl]473609[/nhl]
So, Kule replaces him?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think that's fair considering everything.

Kulemin should be ready to return, so all is good.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Good.

This is why we have fighting in hockey. There's no place in the game for this stuff.

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Right call. Stupid, dangerous, unnecessary hit. Love how the kids been playing, but needs to learn how to toe the line between physical and stupid.

GifKing*

Oct 24, 2013
Buddy needs to give his nose a rest

he could break it as many times as Rod Brind'Amour, he'll never be as ugly as Marchand.

Brad-Marchand-Nose-2.jpg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Got what he deserved. It was a dumb hit.

Can play well out there but can also be dangerous. Luckily the only guy he's injured this year was our own player. At least has time to rest up his nose with that long gap between games.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Totally fair. Rookie, first time offender, reckless but not malicious hit. If Kulie's back then Ashton would probably be sent down anyway, and if not Bodie is more than capable of stepping up.

Edit - Just realized that we'll most likely be without McLaren as well. Who gets the call-up? Brolldozer?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
My only worry is that it may discourage him from hitting. He may be apprehensive in playing physical

However, it's a fair call

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
seems fair... cant see him getting in the lineup with Kulemin back anyway

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Fair suspension. What's stupid is that he only got 2 minutes because the guy didn't get injured/die. Such a backwards thing for the league to think. Meanwhile, Franson got cut by his visor and that's likely the only reason Fisher got a major in the Nashville game.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
good, hopefully that was his last career game with the Leafs!! Hate Ashton so much!!! He is the definition of a head hunter! First of all he purposely injures McLaren and steals his spot for the time he was out, and then this, trying to end that players NHL career

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don't think that will be an issue. He'll just use his head the next time.

but headbutting isn't allowed either, I prefer he use his shoulder :sarcasm:

good, hopefully that was his last career game with the Leafs!! Hate Ashton so much!!! He is the definition of a head hunter! First of all he purposely injures McLaren and steals his spot for the time he was out, and then this, trying to end that players NHL career

He hit a dude in the back and slashed McLaren in the finger so he's a head hunter? love that logic.

He must be the kind of headhunter who never hits anyone in the head

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Fair I was expecting 1-2, and wouldn't have been shocked if it were 3. Deserved the suspensions hits like that are disgusting and imo a lot worse than head hits.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
but headbutting isn't allowed either, I prefer he use his shoulder :sarcasm:

He hit a dude in the back and slashed McLaren in the finger so he's a head hunter? love that logic.

He must be the kind of headhunter who never hits anyone in the head

my mistake, used the wrong word there. But still he's a dirty player, he has no place on this team, I can't wait till he is gone. He should know he is the most hated leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad