Confirmed with Link: Carter Ashton suspended 2 games

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Ive liked his play this year. Playing with more of an edge and laying out lots of hits. Still young and could be a good Komorav replacement.

Fine with the suspension though that was a bit over the edge.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
With such a light schedule this week we didn't need his minutes tonight and Kuli will be back for sure by Friday I would think.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Agree with the over riding sentiment in here that the suspension is fair.

Why would people hate the kid? He is playing hard, and doing what is being asked of him by RC. His skating makes him a better choice for the 4th line than McClaren or Orr.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
I liked Ashton's game this season, he does what we want him to do... play the body and have a good forecheck, I think he's done those things pretty good for the 3rd/4th line minutes he's been getting.

mikebel111*

A fair suspension, it'll teach Ashton a lesson. I really haven't liked his game this season, would be happy to see him traded.

Has had strong forecheck. Physical play. Also annoying opponents. Why would we trade a young player who has done his job?

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Ashton has to be able to throw legal hits on the forecheck to be better than a completely dime a dozen NHL winger. He isn't going to be remarkable based on his offensive skills. The line he crossed is a subtle one and drifts from season to season, even during various points in the schedule.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I thought Ashton would have only got 1 game since it was the first time he was in trouble. However I was not surprised when it was announced as a 2 game suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad