Prospect Info: Carson Soucy (D) - UMD, NCAA - 137th Overall, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
He will never play for the Wild. At best he's a middle pairing D in Iowa. Good kid, just nothing special.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
He will never play for the Wild. At best he's a middle pairing D in Iowa. Good kid, just nothing special.

He's a project. I think he has a longer leash than you think, based on some of the positives coming out of the organization (and Russo).

He brings more offensive ability than Seeler or Warner I think. Not sure he processes the game at a high level but certainly has some physical gifts.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

2 G, 1A this weekend as #1 UMD sweeps St. Cloud St.

He's actually really improved. He may still never play for them but he is much better than when we drafted him. Just big improvements in every area, especially offensively. I think he is deceptively fast for a bigger guy.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He's actually really improved. He may still never play for them but he is much better than when we drafted him. Just big improvements in every area, especially offensively. I think he is deceptively fast for a bigger guy.

Ya, i'll never under-estimate the ability of a 6' 4" defender to get NHL ice time. Despite the change in attitude about size in the NHL, being big will always give you oppurtunities.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i hope soucy turns out to be the rock solid crease clearing monster we've needed for awhile. 57 i came here because i followed jarick. i miss his insight / posts. i really like this is a gentlemans website that nobody threatens you if you dont agree with them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i hope soucy turns out to be the rock solid crease clearing monster we've needed for awhile. 57 i came here because i followed jarick. i miss his insight / posts. i really like this is a gentlemans website that nobody threatens you if you dont agree with them.
Yeah, there is the odd person I stick on ignore because I find their trolling to be OTT, but I've found that I can disagree with most people here about things and it remains civil as long as I explain myself.

Jar ick is missed, as are a few others, but the silly buggers have probably gone and done something ridiculous like start a family, or get a job.

Reactions: W75

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, there is the odd person I stick on ignore because I find their trolling to be OTT, but I've found that I can disagree with most people here about things and it remains civil as long as I explain myself.

Jar ick is missed, as are a few others, but the silly buggers have probably gone and done something ridiculous like start a family, or get a job.
Or get poached by the Athletic.

Reactions: W75

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It's like we're missing Jarick here (and maybe few other ancient founders / leaders too, plus a bunch of good soldiers MIA). Some mat have discovered shiny new hobbies like... life? :dunno: At the same time Wild are missing Suter, Spurgeon... But both are still going strong(ish).

We don't need 'em dinosaurs! :sarcasm:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I saw Soucy play a few times live and always liked what I saw. Hats off to guy to be able to reproduce that in his 1st NHL game.

My only surprise was seeing knocked down more than once. NHL leg strength is off the charts, except for Ennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad