Prospect Info: Carson Soucy (D) - UMD, NCAA - 137th Overall, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Interesting. I read that he was a very talented softball player and actually took some time away from hockey to play.

Good size too. Falk replacement? :sarcasm:

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Minnesota I guess!!! Unbelievable honor! Thanks for the support from everyone!
http://twitter.com/DrSouce71/status/351503906850877440
BODK8OFCMAEkir0.jpg:large

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Kind of hoping his name is pronounced "so say" so it'd be close to the guy in The Usual Suspects.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Had my first look at Soucy last night in the College Hockey Cup final vs. the Gophers.

My first impression was, "wow, this kid is huge." I guess he is 6'4" and 205.

He seemed to skate well, and got a a lot of ice time, even some on the power play. Not bad for a freshman.

Definitely a guy worth watching.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I honestly think we have a lot of underrated guys that will only become apparent when they start slotting in similar to Haula or Fontaine.

Soucy, Draeger, Gilmour, Labbe, Seeler, De Jong...

Obviously only a couple will pan out, but I think they will provide solid depth in the future so we don't have to sign UFAs like Rupp, Veilleux, or Mitchell.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I honestly think we have a lot of underrated guys that will only become apparent when they start slotting in similar to Haula or Fontaine.

Soucy, Draeger, Gilmour, Labbe, Seeler, De Jong...

Obviously only a couple will pan out, but I think they will provide solid depth in the future so we don't have to sign UFAs like Rupp, Veilleux, or Mitchell.

add gunnarsson. Yeah, 3rd time I've seen soucy was this past weekend. he really stood out in the north star cup for umd. go dogs!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
He looked better than the last time I saw him up in Duluth when SCSU was there. If left alone to develop, it will be interesting to see what he becomes, right now it looks like he isn't sure what kind of player he wants to be.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
In addition to Soucy, I was also impressed by the play of Willie Raskob. He's another freshman defenseman who was not drafted.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I believe he was QBing the #1 PP. Nice to see their coaches have that much confidence in him so early.

I'm pretty sure welinski does one, and raskob the other unit. he might be on the point though; he did have one slick toe drag around a gopher on the pp

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wow 2.5+ years between updates.... Didn't even know this guy was in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad