GDT: carsj

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I only saw the highlights. But while at least one of those goals was off a skate, is Ward turning back into a pumpkin? 4 goals on 20 shots is not very good. 11 goals allowed over the last three games. I really hope the team can kick some ass in all these home games left on the schedule because the wheat is starting to put some distance between it and the chaff around the rest of the conference and so far we are squarely in the chaff pile

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Couple of things after just watching the game. The tip in wasnt goalie interference, I don't know what Tripp was yammering about. If they called that back it would be on every website under the headline Sharks screwed by moron refs. The refs were embarrassing both ways tonight though the Tennyson missed high stick is a killer. The play that bothers me the most is the Skinner embellishment penalty. If that's a dive, Burns didn't do anything to warrant a penalty. His stick was on the ice so the only way it's a penalty is if Skinner goes down. He could've called it either way, on Skinner or on Burns, or called nothing and it would make more sense than what he called.

Hainsey is bad at hockey. Like really bad. Faulk isn't playing well right now but it's magnified by Hainsey playing with his head up his ass from the opening face off.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I only saw the highlights. But while at least one of those goals was off a skate, is Ward turning back into a pumpkin? 4 goals on 20 shots is not very good. 11 goals allowed over the last three games. I really hope the team can kick some ass in all these home games left on the schedule because the wheat is starting to put some distance between it and the chaff around the rest of the conference and so far we are squarely in the chaff pile

Ehh I wouldn't call him a pumpkin just yet. These California teams are very good and will make you pay when given an opportunity. Ward also almost had a shutout vs LA. We've been in almost every game this season, a lot due to Ward, and that is all you can ask for.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think it's less about Ward and more about the team in general. It's been pointed out before, but for most of the games, they usually end up in one of two ways: Either the team scores a lot, but gives up a lot. Or the team scores very little, but gives up very little.

They need to find the balance of scoring a lot and giving up little, but that might be too much to ask for a team with thus many young players (and the veteran players being generally bad...)

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Outplaying the Panthers is one thing. When you can go toe-to-toe with Anaheim, LA and SJ 3 games in four days, that's impressive, I don't even care about the points. I like the hell out of this team.
This guy knows!

We are playing well, season is still long, and if we keep playing like this we will win more than lose.

And no, Ward is still playing good, you can`t blame him for any of goals he gave up. We outplayed Sharks 2 times this year, and this team was in SC final last year. We are getting better, less hate, and stay with team.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Couple of things after just watching the game. The tip in wasnt goalie interference, I don't know what Tripp was yammering about. If they called that back it would be on every website under the headline Sharks screwed by moron refs.

The only thing I can figure with the goalie interference is that it looks like when Cam goes to adjust to the shot his stick gets caught in Couture's legs which keeps him from getting his blocker in position.

Cam's in the blue paint but his stick was outside so not sure how that would be ruled.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I only saw the highlights. But while at least one of those goals was off a skate, is Ward turning back into a pumpkin? 4 goals on 20 shots is not very good.

Two of those goals were redirected, one was a 2-on-1. I can't say Cam played *well* but I have a hard time faulting him on 3 of those 4 goals.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If Derek Ryan keeps playing the way he is, he becomes a pretty viable top 6 option even after Staal and Lindy come back. And do you keep playing TT at center? He looks pretty good there and seems more confident. It's going to be interesting seeing how everything fits into the lineup.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
This team is playing great hockey right now and it sucks that the results aren't showing it. We've been saying win x amount of games in the next week or so and we will still in contention. Sadly, that's not cutting it anymore with this strong division and eastern conference. We need to finish games now before this gets out of hand. It's a long season, but moral victories won't get us into the playoffs.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I believe this team is capable of ripping off an 8-10 game winning streak.

They might not do it, of course. But I think they can, especially with some home cooking coming up.

16 in the next 10. That would put us right in the hunt, and I think it's totally doable.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I believe this team is capable of ripping off an 8-10 game winning streak.

They might not do it, of course. But I think they can, especially with some home cooking coming up.

16 in the next 10. That would put us right in the hunt, and I think it's totally doable.

That sounds absurd at first, but I agree given the dominant play they've shown even in the games they've lost. They are capable of doing this. Personally, I don't think they make the post season but big picture is looking really promising. For the most part, all of the pieces we hoped would be good, or at least contributing, or at least not getting worse, are. The exceptions being Faulk, and Nesty, IMO. Coincidentally, both sustained major injuries last season.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
If this little burst of offensive depth that we've seen out west becomes the new norm, they could be competitive.

Fun watching Ryan succeed. I'm always curious what these guys who are successful everywhere, but never get a chance will do when they finally get a chance.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Watching the Hurricanes play this year is like playing a new Resident Evil game for the first time.

You own and have beaten all the others, and you really feel like you know what you should be doing, but there is just "something" new that takes you a few tries to figure out.

Then you yell at the TV and go: "FFS!! I've been playing this **** since 1996, why haven't I figured it out yet?!"

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Looking at the schedule all the way through March, it's a LOT of home games and games that are winnable. If Cam holds up and they keep playing the way they have been, wins will come in bunches.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00