GDT: carott

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
The bubble is really starting to shrink and we are on the wrong side of it. Someone posted that playoff teams win these kinds of games, well we saw what happened. No Faulk, no Ward, so maybe that counts for something. If they are both ready to roll soon and the team wins a couple in a row I guess the tune could change

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Shocking. Canes win just enough to reel everyone in and then lose to some hot garbage like Ottawa.

I realize it was probably a post out of frustration, but how is a team (Ottawa) that was only 4 points behind Carolina (2 now) considered "hot garbage" and a surprise that the Canes lost to them? I saw similar sentiments from a WPG fan or 2 in their GDT (how do we play so terrible to a trash team like the Canes..or something like that) and even in the Islanders thread at a point when the Canes were only 4 points back of the Isles and the Canes beat them.

These teams are all pretty equal IMO and an off night, a hot goalie, a mistake here or there, or a fortuitous bounce can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
If only we could trade some of these wins against top Western Conference teams for wins against teams we're fighting with in the East.

That's the most frustrating thing for me.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If only we could trade some of these wins against top Western Conference teams for wins against teams we're fighting with in the East.

That's the most frustrating thing for me.

To some extent, but points are points for the most part. Having Ottawa get 2 points is kind of meaningless since they are behind the Canes with more games played. The upcoming head to head ones that truly matter are probably Pens, NJ, Tampa and maybe Islanders as those are the teams in front of the Canes and Philly to a lesser extent because of games in hand. Here's how the Canes have done and what's left:

PENS: 1 OTW, 1W, 1L, 1 OTL: 1 game left
NJ: 1W, 2L: 2 games left
TB: 1L: 2 games left
ISLE: 1 OTW, 1W: 2 games left
PHI: 3 OTL: 1 game left

So against the teams that they are currently battling, the Canes have played 13 games and had: 2 OTW, 3W, 4L, 4 OTL and 8 games left. That means the opposing teams have gotten points in 18 points in those 13 games against the Canes. On the flipside, the Canes have gotten 14 points in those 13 games.

Still though, points are points. If they had beaten Calgary and Edmonton, it wouldn't matter.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I realize it was probably a post out of frustration, but how is a team (Ottawa) that was only 4 points behind Carolina (2 now) considered "hot garbage" and a surprise that the Canes lost to them? I saw similar sentiments from a WPG fan or 2 in their GDT (how do we play so terrible to a trash team like the Canes..or something like that) and even in the Islanders thread at a point when the Canes were only 4 points back of the Isles and the Canes beat them.

These teams are all pretty equal IMO and an off night, a hot goalie, a mistake here or there, or a fortuitous bounce can be the difference between a win and a loss.

Ottawa has played like crap lately. They were 4-8-0 in their last 12 and lost to the Edmonton Oilers 7-2 at home. They only won 1 or 2 tough games in that stretch.

I'm not even worried about giving them points. I will be shocked if they sneak into the playoffs.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Ottawa has played like crap lately. They were 4-8-0 in their last 12 and lost to the Edmonton Oilers 7-2 at home. They only won 1 or 2 tough games in that stretch.

I'm not even worried about giving them points. I will be shocked if they sneak into the playoffs.

If they did, it'd be historic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad