Recalled/Assigned: Caron Recalled-Paging Jordan Caron

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
He's playing right where he deserves to be this season. Absolutely invisible with Providence during the lockout, just trying to not get injured it looked to me. That being said, I wouldn't mind giving him a game or two to see if he starts busting his ass in the NHL.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Until any trade happens this is the best short-term solution. Paille will make the third line better than it is now with Bourque.
You cold be right.Paille is obviously a notch above Bourque and while he does have stone hands his skating and tenacity could create some chances for Kelly and Peverley.What about moving Bourque to the 4th line?.Bourque isn't totally useless as a hockey player,he occasionally surprises me with his skating and crisp passes but doesn't seem capable of contributing much offensively.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I am not sold on Bourque. First he is small - and plays also small.

I also feel that Paille on the third line was quite good. But Paille is always at 100KM/H.

That said, I thought that Bourque was upgrading his game, and the lack of third line production not on him.

My thoughts are that actually the lasts couples of games - Perverley was bringing that line down, Had huge turnovers, lack of good decisions with the puck and is having difficulty with finding the net.

It's not all on Bourque.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have mentioned this before..

But no Bruin forward under Julien got more chances to succeed than Caron. Not Marchand, Seguin, or Sobotka.

They started a season with Caron on Bergeron and Recchis wing, then they left a spot wide open for him with Pouliot, and again this year with Bourque. Every time he lost it.

While true, I am having some issues, well, more than some, and the opportunity Bourque is getting, TOI, PP time and 4pts? I think some here hammer him for the wrong reasons, I love the kids work eithic but the Bourque on the 3rd line experiment, and most definitely on the PP is failure. Is Caron the answer to see if he can spark that 3rd line?

Who knows, what I do know is, based on his previous time in Boston, he won more board battles in one game than Bourque has all season long.

Been a big Caron backer so clear bias on my part, but Bourque isn`t 3rd line material, and he`s nowhere skilled enough or has enough finish to be on the top 2. He`s in no man`s land however, I think, and have thought since his draft day, Caron was an ideal 3rd line player, fans don`t like to hear that from a 1st round draft pick but....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I also feel that Paille on the third line was quite good. But Paille is always at 100KM/H.

That said, I thought that Bourque was upgrading his game, and the lack of third line production not on him.

My thoughts are that actually the lasts couples of games - Perverley was bringing that line down, Had huge turnovers, lack of good decisions with the puck and is having difficulty with finding the net.

It's not all on Bourque.

It isn`t that his game has needed or required "upgrading", I just believe that with Kelly and Pevs, they have tasted more success when they had a winger capable of coming out with the puck on the boards, or freeing up the puck so they could swoop in and gain possession. Pouliot could and did often with those battles in spite of his ill timed mistakes

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

It's not all on Bourque.

No he doesn't. He is our second leading hitter among forwards... You can say he's too small, not skilled enough, etc, but he busts his ass and does look to hit.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No he doesn't. He is our second leading hitter among forwards... You can say he's too small, not skilled enough, etc, but he busts his ass and does look to hit.

Agreed, problem is, size, and it`s no fault of his, can`t change size and although he`s by far, one of the more assertive and willing in this lineup (which bares another question) the effectiveness of his physical play is what concerns me.

No question about his effort and heart, a big part of me wishes he was even 6`0, I`d bet we wouldn`t be involved in a thread right now if he were

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Agreed, problem is, size, and it`s no fault of his, can`t change size and although he`s by far, one of the more assertive and willing in this lineup (which bares another question) the effectiveness of his physical play is what concerns me.

No question about his effort and heart, a big part of me wishes he was even 6`0, I`d bet we wouldn`t be involved in a thread right now if he were

There also wouldn't be a thread if Peverly and especially Kelly weren't playing like absolute garbage.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
There also wouldn't be a thread if Peverly and especially Kelly weren't playing like absolute garbage.

This is a great point.

Peverly 2g, 3a, 5pts -5
Kelly 1g, 4a, 5pts -3
Bourque 1g, 3a, 4pts -4

If Bourque is really dragging Peverly + Kelly down then Peverly + kelly aren't working to begin with. Now, since I'm watching the games I can say that Bourque is putting as much of an effort if not more than those other 2 alot of the time.

Does he have as much talent as those two? Not from what i've seen. They need to get their heads out of their ass more than a kid with 49 professional games under his belt.

We've see what peverly/kelly can do. I wasn't sure what to expect from Chris Bourque.
Ask me what player(s) I'm more disappointed in.

Notes:
I do not expect kelly to have a 20g season.
I do want an upgrade on the third line

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
Yeah, Jordan Caron won´t save the day for the third line.

I actually think it´s more on Kelly than Bourque to get his stuff together...but that is another story for another day...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't see an internal solution that makes a lot of sense right now. In light of that why not shake the lines up a bit.

Keep the first line together but mix up 2 and 3.

Bourque - Kelly - Seguin

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley

Maybe Seguin and his ability to carry the puck/create offense can get Kelley or Bourque going and maybe Marchand and Bergeron can get Peverley some better chances than Kelly seems to be able to.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
That's true, but didn't this happen before he got sent up last year? For some reason he doesn't perform as well in Providence.

I think more then anything Bourque has earned his way down to Providence, not Caron earning his way to Boston.

We can't say that, even if some say he got a freebie he hasn't embarrassed himself or management by his play.

Caron peaking when he did while in the CHL put him in 1st round status. Maybe he isn't first round material. He was a steady point getter (maybe too steady) yet he got only a point a game. In 2 years maybe he will be a perfect replacement for Paille.
I feel no need to consider trading him. Leaving/giving him some time (years) in the AHL could be good for him. He is after all only 22 years old.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Definitely. He's not skilled enough, but if you can't see that he works his ass off every single game you need glasses.

He's on the Paille level of competition for sure. He wants to stay and he's trying really hard. Part of why Claude likes him is because of this. Caron has a big body, but he really doesn't hit or play physical too often. Obviously management has a soft spot for him since he can use his body to his advantage while carrying the puck and he's great defensively, but Bourque is trying really hard. No reason to put Caron back in.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Every single one of your posts recently have been about your unexplainable amount of hate for Chris Bourque, or defending Felger.

I agree. Caron would be an upgrade on Bourque. Caron is much more suited to playing a defensive role on the team. Bourque is perfectly suited to be on the top line in Providence.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
if caron were an upgrade on bourque, he'd be on the team.

bourque outplayed him and has continued to do so. how people can't seem to wrap their heads around that is beyond me.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
This is a great point.

Peverly 2g, 3a, 5pts -5
Kelly 1g, 4a, 5pts -3
Bourque 1g, 3a, 4pts -4

If Bourque is really dragging Peverly + Kelly down then Peverly + kelly aren't working to begin with. Now, since I'm watching the games I can say that Bourque is putting as much of an effort if not more than those other 2 alot of the time.

Does he have as much talent as those two? Not from what i've seen. They need to get their heads out of their ass more than a kid with 49 professional games under his belt.

We've see what peverly/kelly can do. I wasn't sure what to expect from Chris Bourque.
Ask me what player(s) I'm more disappointed in.

Notes:
I do not expect kelly to have a 20g season.
I do want an upgrade on the third line

Enough already with Kelly not scoring 20 goals this year....it's a freaking 48 game schedule; we'll be lucky to have 3 20 goal scorers.

Not aiming this at you CamFan but everyone who has mentioned that Kelly is not going to score 20. It took him 82 games to do it before.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Answering Dan's page, Caron had the only goal tonight (his ninth) in the 2-1 SO loss to Springfield.

Last edited:

Merk57

Jun 12, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Until any kind of deal gets done, as we all keep hearing Chiarelli is looking to pick up a forward. Some suggest a top six F while others suggest a third line winger. I think Paille has been a "decent" fit on that third line (an improvement over Bourque). That leaves a hole on the fourth line as Bourque is a terrible fit there too. I'd like to see Caron play on the 4th line over Pandolfo anyday. I think Caron, Campbell, Thornton as a line might be a nice fit as an experiment until Chia pulls something off.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I know a lot of people around here like him but I was never impressed by him... nothing really about his game in fact.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
You cold be right.Paille is obviously a notch above Bourque and while he does have stone hands his skating and tenacity could create some chances for Kelly and Peverley.What about moving Bourque to the 4th line?.Bourque isn't totally useless as a hockey player,he occasionally surprises me with his skating and crisp passes but doesn't seem capable of contributing much offensively.

Have you read your own post?

If a 4th line can have chemistry, Paille gives it that. So why flip, flop 2 more or less similar players when you know 1 line will not be the same.

Antoine Roussel would be a better fit for the 3rd line in place of Caron.

Last edited:

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Well ... Since Caron has been "paged", he's potted 2 goals in 2 games for his most consistent showing of the season.

Has he finally extracted his head from his ass and started playing or is this just a brief sign of life before fading back into mediocrity? Hoping he turns it up and pushes Bourque out ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad