Recalled/Assigned: Caron and Lindblad

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
At this point I think they are making up injuries so they can call up anyone but Spooner just to piss of his agent and his HFBoards fan club. It's kinda funny at this point, I mean Jordan Caron couldn't score in a whorehouse with a sack of hundreds.

not a caron fan, but he was excellent down there. I think he'd score 35-40 goals in the AHL as a full-timer. doesn't help the bruins though, he has no trade value and has been useless in boston save for a few glimpses here and there.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
not a caron fan, but he was excellent down there. I think he'd score 35-40 goals in the AHL as a full-timer. doesn't help the bruins though, he has no trade value and has been useless in boston save for a few glimpses here and there.

If this were baseball you could call him the quintessential AAAA player. He does as close to nothing as any player possibly could at the NHL level. I'm sure you're right he's an AHL all-star and has earned another chance but at this point he's a junkie making his tenth trip to rehab. I can't bear to watch it anymore. Give me literally anyone else.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Does Clode have any say in this? If so, then that might explain Caron being called up.

The coach wants a guy to whom he's given limited minutes in a bottom-six role and has more often sat in the press box as a healthy scratch?

Funny way of showing favoritism, Julien has.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Funny how we all thought Gagne would be the one getting injured and being a waste. Thus far he seems to be the only one NOT injured. Kind of funny.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
It means he was told what he had to do in Providence, and he did it.

riiiiiiiiiiiight,

so Carons now 'back' being ahead of Knight and Spooner (and a few others) on the depth and futures department?

and if that's the case, then those other guys must really be sucking then.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
"Gagne wonders if there's something in the water with all the injuries for the Bruins" - Joe Mcdonald

Maybe a showcase? Probably not, just trying to be optimistic here.

Curse of Gagne?

bruins sign one of the most injury prone player in huckey for the past decade, and instead of him being injured, everyone else on the roster gets hurt

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
riiiiiiiiiiiight,

so Carons now 'back' being ahead of Knight and Spooner (and a few others) on the depth and futures department?

and if that's the case, then those other guys must really be sucking then.

No, I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's an emergency call-up; he's a wing, and he's hot right now.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
If this were baseball you could call him the quintessential AAAA player. He does as close to nothing as any player possibly could at the NHL level. I'm sure you're right he's an AHL all-star and has earned another chance but at this point he's a junkie making his tenth trip to rehab. I can't bear to watch it anymore. Give me literally anyone else.

I think he can play a regular shift on the 4th line in the NHL. smart guy, good on the wall, doesn't really hurt you per se. he just doesn't do anything offensively and is so vanilla. his best chance is to stay in AHL and just light it up, maybe the lack of time developing his offensive game at the pro level was a big detriment. obviously the concussion in juniors was a setback, but maybe he can pop 15 goals a year if he has time to work on his game (that said, i'm fine with him moving on).

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think he can play a regular shift on the 4th line in the NHL. smart guy, good on the wall, doesn't really hurt you per se. he just doesn't do anything offensively and is so vanilla. his best chance is to stay in AHL and just light it up, maybe the lack of time developing his offensive game at the pro level was a big detriment. obviously the concussion in juniors was a setback, but maybe he can pop 15 goals a year if he has time to work on his game (that said, i'm fine with him moving on).

I think that's a good assessment.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
No, I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's an emergency call-up; he's a wing, and he's hot right now.

at this point i personally don't care if he's hot in prov at the moment or not.

its just another band aid solution.

i don't see Caraon ever fitting into the bruins long term.

time to give some other players with the potential some nhl experience.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Agreed. So Caron is doing well in the A at 108 years old..he should be. Knight or Randell should be called up .

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
The human boomerang lives. Looking forward to him skating haphardly around and accomplishing nothing in particular other than winning half his board battles with his vaunted board play. He probably only started picking it up in Providence because he was playing with Pasta.

Do we know who is hurt this time?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

As a true Caron-hater (fistbump), it's hard for me to criticize too much. I'm really glad (although slightly worried that management seems to think so sluggishly) that JC hasn't made it up until now. Would I call pretty much everyone else up over him? Yes. Am I really happy that management ended the "Jordan Caron show" and actually started doing what 29 other teams in the NHL do in trying different options? Yes.

On another note...this might be the first time I'll ever say this for this Bruins team: "injuries are officially a legitimate excuse".

#1C, #1D, #2W all out? With Loooch and more also possibly out? LOL... I'll be absolutely joyful with a "A for effort" medal tonight and a close game, even if it's not a win. I know. Shoot me.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The coach wants a guy to whom he's given limited minutes in a bottom-six role and has more often sat in the press box as a healthy scratch?

Funny way of showing favoritism, Julien has.

So, a player who has proven nothing getting NHL ice time is only favored if he's given top 6 minutes and plays every night? You're putting yourself in a pretty small box there.

I just look at past examples...such as Vlad Sobotka, Petteri Nokelainen, and Chris Bourque (who was around the awfulness level of JC) who got far less a chance. You can try to argue it all you want, and about how the "favoritism" concept can't possibly right, but when you really put the entire situation in perspective, is there actually an argument?

If you really want to impress me, give me a good reason that JC received a 1 year contract worth $600,000. Which...he still gets paid...whether or not he's in the NHL. That was the top of the pyramid as far as idiocy and I'm really glad that management (whomever it may be) has finally let go of the stubborness when it comes to personnel. For ****'s sake, NO ONE got a real legitimate shot at proving themselves at the end of last season going into the PO's...because we have Jordan Caron and Shawn Thornton to bring up to the promiseland.

Again, you can defend it all you want...and I'll let it pass for the fact that there are SO MANY injuries right now and other guys in the A have been playing, but Jordan Caron, for many years, seems to have far less of a road to travel to make it to the top than almost any other guy. It's CJ, PC's and others' jobs to constantly evaluate, and I'm sorry, but I think they did an especially garbage job of that last year...they seem to be *maybe* turning things around this season.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
So, a player who has proven nothing getting NHL ice time is only favored if he's given top 6 minutes and plays every night? You're putting yourself in a pretty small box there.

I just look at past examples...such as Vlad Sobotka, Petteri Nokelainen, and Chris Bourque (who was around the awfulness level of JC) who got far less a chance. You can try to argue it all you want, and about how the "favoritism" concept can't possibly right, but when you really put the entire situation in perspective, is there actually an argument?

If you really want to impress me, give me a good reason that JC received a 1 year contract worth $600,000. Which...he still gets paid...whether or not he's in the NHL. That was the top of the pyramid as far as idiocy and I'm really glad that management (whomever it may be) has finally let go of the stubborness when it comes to personnel. For ****'s sake, NO ONE got a real legitimate shot at proving themselves at the end of last season going into the PO's...because we have Jordan Caron and Shawn Thornton to bring up to the promiseland.

Again, you can defend it all you want...and I'll let it pass for the fact that there are SO MANY injuries right now and other guys in the A have been playing, but Jordan Caron, for many years, seems to have far less of a road to travel to make it to the top than almost any other guy. It's CJ, PC's and others' jobs to constantly evaluate, and I'm sorry, but I think they did an especially garbage job of that last year...they seem to be *maybe* turning things around this season.

I'm not going to write a term paper on Caron. I simply pointed out that the "coach's pet" moniker doesn't fit a guy who has had limited TOI and sat more than he played. If Julien loved Caron as much as some here seem to think, he'd not only have stayed with the big club, he'd be getting prime TOI.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I'm not going to write a term paper on Caron. I simply pointed out that the "coach's pet" moniker doesn't fit a guy who has had limited TOI and sat more than he played. If Julien loved Caron as much as some here seem to think, he'd not only have stayed with the big club, he'd be getting prime TOI.

I don't think CJ is a stupid guy. He knows he can't just stick JC on the 1st line and have everything be fine and dandy. I believe he, as a coach, actually wants to win.

But until you, or someone else with the stance explains otherwise, it's impossible and would be, preposterous, for me not to believe Jordan is favored for some reason I am not aware. I certainly can't believe that his play has warranted his seemingly endless opportunities.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I don't think CJ is a stupid guy. He knows he can't just stick JC on the 1st line and have everything be fine and dandy. I believe he, as a coach, actually wants to win.

But until you, or someone else with the stance explains otherwise, it's impossible and would be, preposterous, for me not to believe Jordan is favored for some reason I am not aware. I certainly can't believe that his play has warranted his seemingly endless opportunities.

He has nine points, including five goals, in the last nine games. Bruins forwards are dropping like flies right now. That's why he's here.

If everyone was healthy, if Caron was doing jack, then I'd understand calling him "favored" if he got called up. It was Griffith who got the shot with Lucic and Krejci. It was Fraser who stayed in Boston as the 13th forward. Caron has been in Providence since training camp. If that's favoritism, they're doing it wrong.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Accurate assessment.

If this was a petition, I'd sign it quite boldly.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He has nine points, including five goals, in the last nine games. Bruins forwards are dropping like flies right now. That's why he's here.

If everyone was healthy, if Caron was doing jack, then I'd understand calling him "favored" if he got called up. It was Griffith who got the shot with Lucic and Krejci. It was Fraser who stayed in Boston as the 13th forward. Caron has been in Providence since training camp. If that's favoritism, they're doing it wrong.

Again, I'm saying I'm making the exception and having some understanding for THIS ONE instance.

That being said, David Pastrnak is over a PPG. Why not use now to give him a chance? Am I wrong in that we know what Jordan Caron brings (little to nothing)? Have we not gone down this road before? Give me a totally inexperienced Pastrnak over a bland, predictable "experiened" Caron all day.

For the record, I would never consider letting DP stay up for any longer than couple games NO MATTER THE RESULTS, but I just find it insane and slightly humorous that there's a player, who has failed time and time again at his chances, but puts in a good 9 game stretch in the A, and he's once again "earned" his call-up. It seems like we're pretending there's a much smaller sample size here than there actually is to judge upon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad