Speculation: Carolina to trade for defenseman

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Please see Wyshynski's response:

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Rhymes with "Schmaberle" MT @ByKevinAllen Look for Hurricanes to trade for a veteran defenseman over the next few days.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If JR did that, I think that I would no longer defend any decision he makes. At that point he could trade LaRose for Shea Weber and I'd find a way to make it negative.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Would be interesting to see who would be the odd man out when everyone is healthy.

New guy
Pitkanen
Gleason
Faulk
McBain
Harrison
Corvo
Sanguinetti

That makes 8.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm assuming this trade will be for a bum who will become the #7 if they are ever healthy.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Would be interesting to see who would be the odd man out when everyone is healthy.

New guy
Pitkanen
Gleason
Faulk
McBain
Harrison
Corvo
Sanguinetti

That makes 8.

Can be pretty sure who the odd guy in won't be. (bobby s)

At this point, though, it doesn't look like everyone being healthy is going to be a concern for a while.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Some Options that fit the "veteran" piece of this.

Tallinder
Ryan Whitney
Mike Komisarek
JM Liles
Douglas Murray

Who else might be out there that would be considered a veteran defender? Knowing JR's penchant for bringing guys back, Bryan Allen?

EDIT: MTL is looking to get rid of Y. Weber as well.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
JR has always like JML and JR always gets his man regardless of the cost. I'm sure we'll still give up half the farm to get him being the valuable healthy extra he's been.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'm assuming this trade will be for a bum who will become the #7 if they are ever healthy.

Pretty much.

Every GM in the League knows that Murphy's last game is Thursday. The fact that we are looking to make a trade right now shows that McBain, Pitkanen and Gleason probably aren't ready.

Which means we are desperate buyers who want to avoid having 3 AHL'ers in the lineup, one of which HAS to play serious minutes. Any quality guy we get, we're overpaying big time.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Can be pretty sure who the odd guy in won't be. (bobby s)

At this point, though, it doesn't look like everyone being healthy is going to be a concern for a while.

Well, from the tweets, it sounded like none are that far off. Though the original estimate on McBain was several weeks wasn't it?

If this acquisition is in the form of a stay at home/physical defenseman, I doubt he'll be the 7th guy when everyone is healthy. Wouldn't be surprised to see a chain of trades of the next few weeks.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
And to think that just this morning I read a piece on how no one was interested in Ryan Whitney and he's got the sads in the press box most nights.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And to think that just this morning I read a piece on how no one was interested in Ryan Whitney and he's got the sads in the press box most nights.

The problem is, most teams are still in the hunt for the playoffs right now, so the only guy JR is likely to get, is someone on the outs with another team (Liles, Komisarek, Weber, Whitney, etc..)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Seeing how we sent down grags, this could possibly be done in time for Thursday night.

It'd have to, unless we're calling someone else up.

If one of Gleason, McBain, or Pitkanen is back, Gragnani can't be the one who goes down to make room (as Murphy is the emergency callup). Unless we're giving Krueger or whoever else a shot, or TWO of those three are back for Thursday and we just haven't sent Murphy down yet, it should be done before tomorrow.

35492706.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad