GDT: Carolina @ Tampa Bay 8 PM EDT USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
If I may channel my inner @MrazeksVengeance for a moment… ahem…

YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED HOCKEY? YOU PLAY HOCKEY THE WAY ROD BRIND’AMOUR PLAYED HOCKEY! A GUY WHO GAVE HIS ALL FOR THIS HOCKEY TEAM.

HE WAS A 205-POUND CENTER AND HE PLAYED LIKE A GD WILD MAN! NO! LIKE A GD RAMPAGING BEAST! AND THAT’S THE WAY YOU’VE GOT TO DO IT!

YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR FREAKING HEADS OFF, AND YOU CRAP DOWN THEIR NECKS!

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Given the circumstances, Mrazek coming in makes me really nervous; I could see him getting blown up. Hope the opposite happens and he sparks the team.

He could blow up. He could also motivate the team to play more emotionally with the emotion Mrazek brings to the game.

Given the lack of emotion we saw from Carolina through most of game 2, I think it's not a bad gamble. It's not an indictment of Ned; the team needs to score more goals to compete. Will a change in goal spur the rest of the roster to play more aggressively?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think going to Petr is the right move. Team just needs some kind of spark and Petr can absolutely provide that. Ned has been solid, even great at times, in these playoffs but sometimes when the wins aren't coming you just need to change it up.

If Tampa is missing those 3 guys that would be huge -- could be a series changer if Petr can get us going too.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
With us down to 2 lines of any reasonable expectation to score, the third and 4th lines have to be in Tampa’s face all game, annoying, and physical.

I know Aho, TT, and Necas do well on the PK but we should save all their energy for offense.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Not sure on the Mrazek thing myself, but I can also see him giving the team a kick in the pants. Maybe Ned is tired or banged up and they're finally trying to manage his energy a bit.

Regardless, I don't think we win or lose this game in net. First and foremost, we have to learn to get to the f***ing net and score goals. No more Bill Peters perimeter hockey.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Not surprised Mrazek is starting, we could use Nedeljkovic on the 2nd powerplay unit

But seriously, Mrazek was 1-0-1 vs Tampa this year with 65 saves on 68 shots with 1 shutout. So he was fairly decent against them albeit in an extremely limited sample sized.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Wow with Mrazek.

Ned was announced as a Calder finalist today lol.

That sure seems like a move of consequence - one way or another.

It doesn't really make sense to me, tbh. I mean, I'm not complaining about playing Petr, but I also don't get whey you'd just suddenly flip back to him now. Are we planning on platooning throughout suddenly and if so we why weren't we doing it earlier? Perhaps Mrazek's finally gotten some of the rust from his injury return?

Either way, I'm rooting like hell for whomever is in the crease and I hope we see some Mrazzle dazzle :)

upload_2021-6-3_12-38-11.png

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Having 3 wings on the 3rd line and 3 centers on the 4th line is a choice

It's like they're trying to frustrate me further on purpose.

I do not understand the allure of Martinook at center, especially 3C. He's more physical on the wing. He's a better offensive threat on the wing. Maybe you can argue he's better defensively than Paquette or Geekie, but I think Martinook is a better defensive wing than center as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad