GDT: Carolina Hurricanes vs Montreal Canadiens: 2/7/16 2:30pm EST SN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulByron41

Dec 17, 2015
Yesterday was a major let down after a long stretch of good tanking performances, the boys need a drop of confidence and to get back to the basics that made them them the most unsuccessful team in the league. I'm talking about dump and no chase, below average goaltending, weak perimeter shots to the opposing goalies chest and a slow/ineffective powerplay.

Go out there and give it your least, concede the first goal and let Carolina dictate the flow of the game.

I won't let one good performance ruin the trust I have in this team's tanking abilities.

LMAO!!! :handclap:

Mad Brills*

At this point, would surprise you? Bergevin and Therrien should not be managing the Canadiens. These idiots would not even qualify to manage in the Special Olympics.

you gotta grind em out to win a cup

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
At this point, would surprise you? Bergevin and Therrien should not be managing the Canadiens. These idiots would not even qualify to manage in the Special Olympics.

They could participate though.

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015

For what it's worth, I manage a Special Olympics team, and I can tell you that the work I do, and that of countless other tireless volunteers across the country, doesn't deserve your denigration.

You can be fed up with the Habs management all you want, but I'd suggest you leave the compassionate and skilled volunteers of Special Olympics out of it.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Christ, beaulieu's getting traded isn't he?

I hope not but with MT and MB running the ship nothing would surprise me anymore. It seems if MT doesn't like a player and sits them they don't usually last long. Makes one wonder who's really making moves here. MT or MB.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Imagine if DD got involved enough in the play that it led to him being injured?

What would Therrien do?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Good luck tonite guys

Hoping for a fun game :D

Also, as someone who was born in Montréal (Cowansville more precisely, but I just say Montréal cause no one knows where Cowansville is :laugh:) I promise I am not acting as a spy for this game :laugh::sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Does anyone even take anything Pat Hickey says seriously? He just sounds like a blabbering old fool every time I hear him speak.

Stawks

Hockey Bird
Nov 27, 2007
Ottawa
Good luck tonite guys

Hoping for a fun game :D

Also, as someone who was born in Montréal (Cowansville more precisely, but I just say Montréal cause no one knows where Cowansville is :laugh:) I promise I am not acting as a spy for this game :laugh::sarcasm:

No ****? I'm from Lac Brome, went to high school in cowansville. What a dump.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone even take anything Pat Hickey says seriously? He just sounds like a blabbering old fool every time I hear him speak.

Is this the regular Bash Pat Hickey segment of the GDT? We had one yesterday and in several GDTs. The guy has always been a chump with the same assortment of platitudes, cliches and fence-sitting answers he always has at the ready. I sense Melnick must be behind his radio presence -- Melnick has a fond attachment to voices from the past, even if their past wasn't all that great to begin with.

duckwellboots

Nov 23, 2015

I just like when he can be seen in the background of a scrum. He's got such a great grumpy, disheveled look about him. It's like you can see in his face every year he's spent on the beat.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
No ****? I'm from Lac Brome, went to high school in cowansville. What a dump.

I escaped south of the 49th when I was six in 1989. Don't have a lot of memories sans this pretty cool book that was gifted to me by my grandmother. To this day still have no idea how she got all those signatures, but it's pretty cool, especially the Beliveau one :)

10698536_10152834327485709_2384864837960330338_n.jpg

1926934_10152834327950709_7169907411981857236_n.jpg

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think the expression "in the middle of absolutely nowhere" was designed specifically for Cowansville.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
So far our two afternoon games (Winter classic and yesterday) during our slump have been our best games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad