GDT: Carolina Hurricanes vs Montreal Canadiens: 2/7/16 2:30pm EST SN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We can only hope. But it looks like 3 wins per month gives Michelle job security. Oh how the bar has been lowered for this once mighty franchise!

Last edited:

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Max_Murphy-Knee_Grind.jpg

Grindin'? Maybe we've been doing it wrong....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Scrivens should get the start. Will Beaulieu become a permanent member of the MT doghouse?
Will Pateryn ever play another game for the Habs?
Emotional letdown today?
72 days since the Habs won 2 in a row?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I just had a dream that DD got injured, done for the season.

At first, I thought, finally, we'll get to see what this lineup is capable of. Our center line was Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Eller. Good... very good!

But then it dawned on me... we need Desharnais in his spot if we want to keep losing games. :laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No Coaching Please

Hopefully the team repeats the routine from the other two afternoon games this season.

No morning skate with coach.

No game day meetings with coach.

Habs have only done this twice this season according to Weiss. Won both game by identical scores of 5-1.

Lesson? Stay as far away from that poser of a coach as possible.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Like Tinordi (who was deemed good enough to play in all five play off games in 013) MT will "develop" NB right off the team.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Excited to see how McDavid Desharnais does today. -1 in a 5-1 win? He needs more TOI, PP and better linemates. This Pacioretty guy is holding him back.
:sarcasm:

Like Tinordi (who was deemed good enough to play in all five play off games in 013) MT will "develop" NB right off the team.

Hes already in the process of making Pateryn a better person.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Red Light Racicot

When the 016 Habs drop Michelle Therrien his contrtibution to the club will missed as much as Red Light Racicots'

What is the big deal. This team survived losing the likes the Flower, Robinson, Chelios, Bowman, Serge Savard.........lose this guy.....for the second time. Enough is enough now.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Looking forward to another great performance today. Confidence could flow high if we win back to back games that we dominate.

Let's go boys

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Excited to see how McDavid Desharnais does today. -1 in a 5-1 win? He needs more TOI, PP and better linemates. This Pacioretty guy is holding him back.
:sarcasm:

Hes already in the process of making Pateryn a better person.

:D Don't doubt it.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Looking forward to another great performance today. Confidence could flow high if we win back to back games that we dominate.

Let's go boys

Unfortunately, there's only so much confidence can do when you have such a severe lack of skill in the lineup.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Yesterday was a major let down after a long stretch of good tanking performances, the boys need a drop of confidence and to get back to the basics that made them them the most unsuccessful team in the league. I'm talking about dump and no chase, below average goaltending, weak perimeter shots to the opposing goalies chest and a slow/ineffective powerplay.

Go out there and give it your least, concede the first goal and let Carolina dictate the flow of the game.

I won't let one good performance ruin the trust I have in this team's tanking abilities.

The Hab players have to win sometimes, especially in front of so many little kids.

They are not total losers.

But for the sake of getting MT out, yes bring back the L's asap.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I just had a dream that DD got injured, done for the season.

At first, I thought, finally, we'll get to see what this lineup is capable of. Our center line was Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Eller. Good... very good!

But then it dawned on me... we need Desharnais in his spot if we want to keep losing games. :laugh:

Desharnais is exactly where he should be right now. Centering Max and Weise and eating big minutes.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
What the **** is this lineup?

Versteeg-E Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Rask- Di Giuseppe
Nordstrom- J Staal- Nestrasil
Gerbe-McClement-Nash

How are they ahead of us? :amazed:

:laugh:
Indeed.

Basically, we have really good coaching who insists on all players giving it their all every shift. No passengers. Our coach has scratched like half the team at one point or another and has liberally used AHL callups. It's working. Our AHL guys like Di Giuseppe who looked like a total bust the past few years are scoring well. No one is scoring a ton, but we have good scoring by committee and by the D. And the 1st and 3rd lines play excellent 2-way hockey. Jordan Staal has made Nestrasil and Nordstrom look like legit NHL players, and I credit that almost entirely to Staal himself. Clearly our forwards need a major talent upgrade to be a contender, but right now we have the whole is better than the sum of its parts thing going for us. The biggest reason for our team success overall is our defense. It's easily the best defense I've seen on a Canes team since the year we won the cup. However if you catch us on a night when Hanifin looks 19 then you could score a few quick goals.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Scrivens should get the start. Will Beaulieu become a permanent member of the MT doghouse?
Will Pateryn ever play another game for the Habs?
Emotional letdown today?
72 days since the Habs won 2 in a row?

If no injuries or a dman like Gilbert traded I doubt it since the Habs now have 2 dmen sitting. How MT handled Tinordi and Pateryn this year has been ridiculous.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wait...we're playing again? lol, goes to show how much I'm paying attention lately.

Canes gon' win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad