GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Toronto Maple Leafs|Feb 4th|7:00pm|SNO|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Tlusty is a much stronger two-way player than JVR which is why he is being used on the first line (he has good skill too)

So basically Brian Burke gave up a quality NHL player (great 3rd liner, good 2nd liner, can play 1st liner) for longshot prospects
This argument is absolute nonsense, by your account, Tyler Bozak also is a first liner. Mclemment can play in the first line to if you put there as he is good defensively and is a first liner as well?

Tlusty was hounded for being weak at defensive aspects of his games while producing offensively. He was begging for a change of scenario, we traded him for a piece that got us Versteeg which in return got us Tyler Biggs. Stop making it sound like we gave up Matt Duchene. The fact you put JVR together with Tlusty itself should be considered foolish.
No reason they can't put a number of pucks in the net in this game.

Kessel should get lots of space tonight.

Should be 4-2, 5, 6 - 2 for the Leafs tonight.
Canes also have a tendency to randomly show up against us, so we shouldn't take this game for granted.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm looking at their lineup right now...and yes...he about as much of a first line player as JVR. Solid two way player with offensive skill.

Also played second line last year.

Trust me.

I honestly don't know why I don't have you on my ignore list yet, but this post needs to be crushed.

Tlusty 1 pt in 7 games. JVR has 5 pts in 8 games, while only getting a couple games at 1st line. JVR is also younger. He also has 29 more career points in 31 less career games. Tell me again how these 2 players are equal...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Reimer is 3-0-0 against the Canes. 1.48GAA .949SV. More of that Optimus Reim!!

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I forget. Is Ward one of those players who comes into Toronto and plays like Ryan Miller when he comes to Toronto?

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Phils got no goals

I ain't got no worries

I ain't got no worries

No, I ain't got no worries

His pudgy ass be tryin'

So I ain't got no worries

I ain't got no worries

I ain't got no worries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See that's Phillip, right here, yep that's Fatnoof, right there, Nasty Nazem right there AND WE AINT GOT NO WORRIES

These losses keep me up, but I AINT GOT NO WORRIES, ain't won a Cup since 67, BUT I AINT GOT NO WORRIES!

Phillip in this betch, everybody should be worried,
Get an open scoring chance, that shet won't be buried.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Come on have some faith.

There is no reason to fear this game unless the team truly is in need of a rebuild.

I'm still not sure which direction this team is going :laugh: I'm just rolling with them for now lol.

Let's get the win !

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590
Reimer leads Leafs onto the ice: Starter.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Where do you put him? 2nd line with Grabbo and Kulemin?
I think JVR has fit in nicely on the 1st line

Maybe 3rd line with Kadri and Frattin, Mac can pass the puck pretty well. I've liked Komarov though, and McClement hasn't looked out of place on Grabo's wing. Tough to say.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
This argument is absolute nonsense, by your account, Tyler Bozak also is a first liner. Mclemment can play in the first line to if you put there as he is good defensively and is a first liner as well?

Tlusty was hounded for being weak at defensive aspects of his games while producing offensively. He was begging for a change of scenario, we traded him for a piece that got us Versteeg which in return got us Tyler Biggs. Stop making it sound like we gave up Matt Duchene. The fact you put JVR together with Tlusty itself should be considered foolish.

Tlusty has some good skill as well as solid defensive play. That's the difference between him and McLement.

As we've already seen, Ron Wilson is not really a credible person to judge a defensive game (Steen, Colaicovo). Myself, I dont put much stock into what the worst coach the Leafs have had in decades has to say. He called Dion Phaneuf the best defenceman in the league at one point.

Tlusty would be a great player to have rather than a couple of longshot prospects.

That's all I was trying to say. No need to get defensive. I think it is a very valid criticism.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
why are you guys arguing with someone who's comparing JVR and Tlusty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad