GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Toronto Maple Leafs|Feb 4th|7:00pm|SNO|

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Lets go Leafs! I'm going to destroy my iphone's data plan to watch this game online since the VIA train's internet would be like watching a slideshow of pictures. MAKE IT WORTH MY WHILE!

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Who got packaged for Kris Versteeg who got moved for a 1st and 3rd which resulted in two prospects. But it's easier to just single out one move ;).

Go Leafs GO!

Personally I'd take a first line two-way winger over a late 1st and a 3rd (Percy).

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
he isn't a first line player. he's actually their third line player who is on the top line to get them going. calm down. i've watched enough canes to know who is who.

I'm looking at their lineup right now...and yes...he about as much of a first line player as JVR. Solid two way player with offensive skill.

Also played second line last year.

Trust me.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Anyone know if the game is blacked out in the Ottawa area?

yes, 100% it is. Games on sportsnet are always blacked out. You can only get them on TSN and CBC. Regional = blackout, National = not blacked out.

If you need a link to a stream, just send me a PM

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
he isn't a first line player. he's actually their third line player who is on the top line to get them going. calm down. i've watched enough canes to know who is who.

Funny how when you're a Leafs player on the 1st line it's only because of circumstance, but for anyone else it's becuase you're a true first line player.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm looking at their lineup right now...and yes...he about as much of a first line player as JVR. Solid two way player with offensive skill.

Also played second line last year.

Trust me.
......what the hell are you talking about!?

Tlusty was anchoring their third line and then jumped into the second line from time to time, not their second line. He was primarily with sutter on the wing. Also no way does he have the same skill as JVR. He was an excellent at the second pairing PK as well nothing more nothing less.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
I have the Canes in my pool.. they've been bad, and they better not win this one! Leafs win 5-2. Ward has a GAA above 4.. lets go Kessel!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I have the Canes in my pool.. they've been bad, and they better not win this one! Leafs win 5-2. Ward has a GAA above 4.. lets go Kessel!

Well ellis had to back to back starts if I recall so ward is well rested. Hopefully he isn't going to play his cup winning style game tonight.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
......what the hell are you talking about!?

Tlusty was anchoring their third line and then jumped into the second line from time to time, not their second line. He was primarily with sutter on the wing. Also no way does he have the same skill as JVR. He was an excellent at the second pairing PK as well nothing more nothing less.

Tlusty is a much stronger two-way player than JVR which is why he is being used on the first line (he has good skill too)

So basically Brian Burke gave up a quality NHL player (great 3rd liner, good 2nd liner, can play 1st liner) for longshot prospects

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
GLG!

If the Leafs want to make the playoffs they need to capitalize on teams like Carolina and Washington.

Can we please give Reimer some god damn goal support?

I remember that stretch where Gustavsson played lights out and he lost most of the games because the Leafs couldn't get their offense going at all..

PP needs to improve drastically.

Last year our PK was terrible, now our PK is average. Our PP was great, now it's terrible.

Franson > Phaneuf on the PP. Liles > Kostka.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Well ellis had to back to back starts if I recall so ward is well rested. Hopefully he isn't going to play his cup winning style game tonight.

Ward definitely has something to prove.. which makes me a little nervous. Toronto seems to have a way of helping other players/teams out of slumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad