Pre-Game Talk: Carolina Hurricanes @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30PM | TV: FSCR, FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Every game is a must win and we come up short every time (except once vs Minny). This game, like the final 2, are must wins. Even if we make the playoffs, limping in looking like **** is a quick ticket out of the playoffs and yet another embarrassing finish for this team.

There is so little time to turn this around my expectations are rock bottom but Carolina is a golden opportunity to cure what ails.

Canes 3-2 OT

Edit: Carolina even plays today. As if we need more reasons to win this game but expect a flat effort

Last edited:

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
Wings will make the playoffs. Hoping to finish 8th and play the Rags.

I hope your not just saying that because of how our regular season series was against them. Cause people were saying the same thing about Boston last year, and yeah we all know how that worked out.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Gotta come out big, I want to see a monster game from the team leaders à la Z in Dallas a few years back.

I'll be disappointed in anything short of domination, this team is flat out better than the Canes and the Wings have a legit reason to be motivated. No excuse not to get a ROW.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Do you see the goalie that plays in Montreal?

Except we've been better at scoring goals than preventing them during this slump. I'd rather try to eke out 2-1 wins against Montreal than the Rangers. Montreal at least isn't the best offensively so we could try to limit GA as much as possible. Rangers are a well-balanced team, strong at every position.

In essence, I think the disparity between Montreal offense/Wings defense is less than that of the NY offense/Wings defense.

Then, Montreal defense + Price is not as good as NY defense + Lundqvist. Even if Price is the better goalie, the Rangers' defense is much better.

I think we'd have an easier time preventing goals vs. Montreal as well as scoring them. Though I don't think we win either series with the way we've been playing.

The one wild card for a NY series would be how much we could exploit Yandle.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Despite coming off back-to-back games, I suspect Carolina will look like the fresher team tomorrow and score early of a screened shot that was randomly thrown at the net. Detroit won't find its legs until the back half of the second period. The Red Wings will pick up another loser point in overtime. Should be a fun game to watch.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Despite coming off back-to-back games, I suspect Carolina will look like the fresher team tomorrow and score early of a screened shot that was randomly thrown at the net. Detroit won't find its legs until the back half of the second period. The Red Wings will pick up another loser point in overtime. Should be a fun game to watch.

The sad part is that this will probably be accurate

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
If we can't beat Carolina.....

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Would have rather had AA up instead.

I wouldn't. At this point if you need to play someone from GR, he needs to be a responsible player. They won't win you anything at this point, but they sure as hell could cost you a very important game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad