Carolina has the best record in the league since New Years Eve

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Kurri scored at elite level and won cup without Gretzky. Are you sure you want to be making this comparison? Or what exactly is your argument?

Kurri had 601 career goals and 346 of them were assisted by Gretzky. It is hard to make the case that he would have done as well without Gretzky, and yet, who cares?

The comparison is made because you asked the question how many points Nino would have without Aho. It's a perfectly valid analogy, because again, at the end of the day, who cares? Points are points and goals are goals. They don't count any less just because you play with a great player instead of a good one, or a good player instead of an average one.

I mean, you're the one who brought it up, don't come at me for pointing out the obvious.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
They are 14-5-1 over this period, St Louis is 14-4-1 over the same period of time.

Do you have to go ruin it? We haven't had a playoff run in 10 years, and truth be told, our odds of getting in this year aren't particularly great either, and even if we do we'll get destroyed by Tampa in the first round.

Let us have something for crying out loud ;)

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
The comparison is made because you asked the question how many points Nino would have without Aho. It's a perfectly valid analogy, because again, at the end of the day, who cares? Points are points and goals are goals. They don't count any less just because you play with a great player instead of a good one, or a good player instead of an average one.

I mean, you're the one who brought it up, don't come at me for pointing out the obvious.
But it was about Rask/Nino trade and about the value of Nino. Then of course it matters how he scores and with whom. Nino doesn't suddenly become "great" player by leeching from elite center. He hasn't earn that benefit of the doubt. Please don't make your ridiculous comparisons with HHoF players.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
But it was about Rask/Nino trade and about the value of Nino. Then of course it matters how he scores and with whom. Nino doesn't suddenly become "great" player by leeching from elite center. He hasn't earn that benefit of the doubt. Please don't make your ridiculous comparisons with HHoF players.

Nino isn’t “leeching” off of anyone.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

You're being overly sensitive for some reason. Obviously you had an axe to grind. This thread wasn't even about Nino.

Vaporwave

Jan 19, 2019
31 in 20. Canes have only played 20 games since the start of Jan.

if you're going to 21 games, their last game of 2018 was a win on Dec. 31, so that would be 33 points in 21 games.
Sorry but you're wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 12.14.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 12.14.21 AM.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 34

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Do you have to go ruin it? We haven't had a playoff run in 10 years, and truth be told, our odds of getting in this year aren't particularly great either, and even if we do we'll get destroyed by Tampa in the first round.

Let us have something for crying out loud ;)
I just thought someone should post their record over that time period because no one else had, I picked the wrong start date as well using Jan 1 instead of Dec 31.

It is extremely impressive and hopefully they keep it up.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Since Jan 1 they are 14-5-1, St Louis is 14-4-1 over the same period of time.

Edit
I put Carolina's record since Jan 1 instead of Dec 31.

Since Dec 31 Carolina is 15-5-1

I am waiting for someone to go ballistic because of that arbitrary time-frame...

Made the same mistake that you made and dug it up since 01/01/19. Here is the Win-Pcts since then:

Sharks 0,764
Blues 0,763
Isles 0,737
Canes 0,725

Still very impressive. What was Minny thinking trading Niederreiter for Rask?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I would have guessed Philly, but I have noticed the canes quietly getting close to the WC spot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still very impressive. What was Minny thinking trading Niederreiter for Rask?
Nino had been not very good for 1 1/2 years. Basically, since he got a new contract. Let's not pretend otherwise. Apparently, he was available on the trade market for months, and no one, NOBODY, offered anything better than Rask. So, as dumb as Fenton was for taking Rask in exchange for Nino, you might also be asking yourself why your own GM didn't scoop Nino instead.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Nino had been not very good for 1 1/2 years. Basically, since he got a new contract. Let's not pretend otherwise. Apparently, he was available on the trade market for months, and no one, NOBODY, offered anything better than Rask. So, as dumb as Fenton was for taking Rask in exchange for Nino, you might also be asking yourself why your own GM didn't scoop Nino instead.

The “logic” behind this (odd comparison coming):

You have a BMW 7 in your garage that usually boasts a 442 bhp. Because of a technical problem, it only boasts 302 bhp but still works perfectly fine otherwise... you are looking to trade that car and the best offer is some Hyundai with a lot less features and 85 bhp.

Swapping those cars is outright moronic.

And as for my GM: who would he have given up? why change a team that is running so well? And why waste valuable salary cap space that will be needed to try to resign EK65...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad