Dreger: Carolina has pulled back from trading Ferland

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
BTW, if you are talking about soft, look in the mirror, Hamilton is probably the softest big man in the game today and I kinda like him lol

Dougie Hamilton is 5th in hits for Carolina, on pace to almost doubling his Calgary totals and would be 2nd in Calgary at the moment.

What a soft player clearly :popcorn: personally I love when he goes ham for the occasional big hit.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
OK..7 games is a little short to make a claim, dont you think?

Glad that Ferland and Hamilton are helping you guys....I am just replying to the guy that claim Ferland is some kind of playoff warrior while he had ONE good playoff series 5 yrs ago and hasnt repeated since. While at the same time trashing the players going to Calgary. So far it's clear who is helping more. The Flames are at the top of their conference while the Canes are hoping to make the playoff...yeah nice touch with the weaker Western conference as if the Canes are anywhere close to the top of any conference ....

BTW, if you are talking about soft, look in the mirror, Hamilton is probably the softest big man in the game today and I kinda like him lol

Look in the mirror where? Hamilton has been very physical and he's been particularly nasty in 2019 now that he has recovered from a nagging injury.

Maybe you need to look into a TV screen and watch a Canes game? I'm always surprised how strong of opinions people can have when they literally don't even watch the player in question.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Look in the mirror where? Hamilton has been very physical and he's been particularly nasty in 2019 now that he has recovered from a nagging injury.

Maybe you need to look into a TV screen and watch a Canes game? I'm always surprised how strong of opinions people can have when they literally don't even watch the player in question.
I have watched Dougie every game for 3 yrs as a flames.
The scouts agreed with me. He is as soft as butter for a big man.
You are right, I have not watched him as a canes but if he is your tough guy then it explains why you are out of the playoffs

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
You are right, I have not watched him as a canes but if he is your tough guy then it explains why you are out of the playoffs

a lot of things explain why we are out of the playoffs

this is not one of them

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You doubt what? He has been physical here, unlike in Calgary. And it's not really up for debate either, the stats back that up.
Ok good for him...Dougie a physical dman is a mystery to me but it's alright if you say so

BTW, hit stats doesn't necessarily tell the whole story

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Without him that trade looks pretty awful

Hamilton was widely regarded as the best player in the trade, so without him the trade never happens.

Lindholm is absolutely having a beast-mode season, but his shooting % may be unsustainable. If he falls back to earth, Hamilton may again be considered the best player in the trade which will improve the optics from the Carolina side of things.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

"The scouts"... Who the heck are "the scouts" and how could you possibly believe that every single one "agrees with you"?

I think you know who the Canes "tough guy" is. He came in the deal with Hamilton. Although I'm not sure why you believe the quality of "tough guys" dictates Playoff success

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017

I'm confused, hits get you points now, or are you just going around in a circle to shit on Dougie? You said he's soft but, as it's already been pointed out, he'd be 2nd on the Flames in hits. Now his hitting is the reason we miss the playoffs?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I'm confused, hits get you points now, or are you just going around in a circle to **** on Dougie? You said he's soft but, as it's already been pointed out, he'd be 2nd on the Flames in hits. Now his hitting is the reason we miss the playoffs?
There is no f***ing confusion about it, Dougie is a good offensive dman, mainly his shots. But is soft defensively, it,s well established for years. I posted scout opinions also.
No f***ing thing is going to change my mind

I have posted many things to support Dougie but don't make up things that he is not

If you want, put up a poll to see how many think he is a tough or soft defensively

Last edited:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Hamilton was widely regarded as the best player in the trade, so without him the trade never happens.

Lindholm is absolutely having a beast-mode season, but his shooting % may be unsustainable. If he falls back to earth, Hamilton may again be considered the best player in the trade which will improve the optics from the Carolina side of things.

Hamilton was the best player in the deal but both Hanifin and Lindholm were considered younger players who could still develop into more which they have.

Reactions: DaveG

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
There is no ****ing confusion about it, Dougie is a good offensive dman, mainly his shots. But is soft defensively, it,s well established for years. I posted scout opinions also.
No ****ing thing is going to change my mind

I have posted many things to support Dougie but don't make up things that he is not

If you want, put up a poll to see how many think he is a tough or soft defensively

Considering he's one of the in the top 5 in corsi on every site, I think you're wrong. He's been very physical this year and I think you're just dwelling on articles and scout reports that aren't relevant anymore. If you wanna talk about soft bodies, one of the guys we traded for Dougie got bodied by TyJo.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That would be the new David Clarkson right there if someone hands him 7

Exactly. I understand that the Canes management has earned the reputation for being cheap, but in this particular case, it looks like they're making a fair offer for Ferland, but he wants to cash in.

No hard feelings if that's the case, he's certainly earned the right to do so, but with how quickly powerforwards age and his injury history, there's no way the Canes can take that risk.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Hamilton is soft for any Bruins team and probably any Canadian team.

For the Hurricanes he’s anything but, probably because the rest of the defense is softer than a babies bottom and has been since Tim Gleason retired.

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Oilers would not be interested in Ferland would they? I wouldn't mind Ferland for Puljujarvi trade. Oilers get some wing scoring and Carolina unites Pulju with the one player he has ever been a star with. Potential win win as Pulju on Oilers is a lost cause.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Exactly. I understand that the Canes management has earned the reputation for being cheap, but in this particular case, it looks like they're making a fair offer for Ferland, but he wants to cash in.

No hard feelings if that's the case, he's certainly earned the right to do so, but with how quickly powerforwards age and his injury history, there's no way the Canes can take that risk.

Yeah with free agents lately the best deals have been the ones you don’t give out. Especially his ilk of free agents

Reactions: DaveG

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
"The scouts"... Who the heck are "the scouts" and how could you possibly believe that every single one "agrees with you"?

I think you know who the Canes "tough guy" is. He came in the deal with Hamilton. Although I'm not sure why you believe the quality of "tough guys" dictates Playoff success

Frankly, and it isn't a knock against the poster you are replying to, but based on his posts, he must be a teenager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad