Confirmed with Link: Carolina Claims Adam Hall

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Now this is a good move. Always liked this guy. Hard worker, physical, smart. Great experience and can hit a half empty net from time to time. Gives the bottom six some definition.

I'm actually happy with jr today.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well okay. We are definitely in need of another 4th line forward; can never have enough of those right.

Only thing I can think of is that he might fit in the mold of that "bigger, tougher 4th line" we've been trying to build. My only concern is that we're relatively high on the waiver wire, and much weaker teams must have passed on him. Might have known something we didn't.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Oh well, probably means that DrayBo is on his way back to Charlotte until he gets claimed by Pittsburgh in their 210th attempt to find a winger this season.

Not bashing on Hall here, just not 100% sure he fills a need.

Just checked capgeek. Impending UFA. If Bowman (or whoever we're sending down) gets through to Charlotte I'm more then fine with that.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If we think we are going far into the playoffs, the fourth line needed to be better. It's definitely a move for mullers request of a bigger fourth line.

This with the recent good play has me pretty convinced jr will go for it this season. I would expect us to make more moves, I don't expect a quiet deadline.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Muller wants a more defined fourth line so JR gives him two fourth lines to choose from.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Not to mention, he's OK at faceoffs and IIRC, plays on the PK.

Couldn't hurt, I guess. Let's just hope this isn't one of those situations where JR goes "Well, we picked up Hall on waivers, so that's our deadline move". :laugh:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Fantastic move. Take Bowman out of a role he's not made for and insert a veteran there that actually knows his role and embraces it. Wallace - Brent - Hall or some form of that will be a great checking line.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Not to mention, he's OK at faceoffs and IIRC, plays on the PK.

Couldn't hurt, I guess. Let's just hope this isn't one of those situations where JR goes "Well, we picked up Hall on waivers, so that's our deadline move". :laugh:

good call

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

Hall also led the Bolts in faceoff percentage last season at 55 percent.

OK, I approve now... 55% FO and 150+ hits

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I like this move. Big guy who can skate and hit, IIRC he's real good in the faceoff circle too.

Who goes down? Westgarth is on a two-way, right?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Don't see how there are any complaints about this move. Hall actually can perform as a bottom line guy. Bowman isn't really cut out for that type of role.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So looking at things once Ruutu's back in (at least what I'd do):

Sweet TEA line
Skinner - Jordan - Dwyer
Jokinen - Nash - Ruutu
Hall - Brent - Wallace
Westgarth, Bowman, LaRose (IR)

... something tells me that whoever was speculating that Brent might be on the way out in another thread may have been on to something. If Hall can work the draw effectively on the 4th line Bowman-Hall-Wallace is some decent meat, with the top 9 being pretty well balanced, or slot Dwyer in with the 4th and LaRose (once he's back) onto the 2nd. Options. But Brent looking like he's increasingly not one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad