Proposal: Carolina-Canucks: Skinner to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

walgrove

Oct 21, 2010
Let's face it. We (Canucks) wanted two scorers to help us out and we have only one so far. We know the other one will have to come via the trade route or from an RFA signing that the current team wishes to walk away from.

In the current NHL, a 25 goal scorer is really hard to come by. Benning has stated he wants a gritty scorer but lets face it, power forwards don't grow on trees and Okposo who was riding on Tavares coat tails just got a 7 year mega deal as a result with the Sabres.

The Canucks have about $4M in cap (adding a cushion for injury) and next year they will likely lose Burrows and miller ($10.5M) which they will use to resign some younger RFA's like Horvat, Hutton, Gudbranson.

Jeff Skinner, despite concussion worries in the past, has consistently shown he is an elite scorer. He has been shopped for years while Carolina gets younger and sheds salary in a small market city with ownership issues. http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/r...nner-but-will-have-hard-time-finding-a-taker/. With Eric Stall gone ,Carolina is looking for a complete rebuild

To Vancouver : Skinner ($1M retained or straight up) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116085

To carolina : Sbisa, Cole Cassels + (Gaunce/Hansen if needed)

Have you seen their defence? (http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CAR?year=2017). Yes we give up on Cassels but we have enough Centers for years to come and the next cap expense is fairly benign...

We may have Boeser stay in 2017 and also perhaps Demko and Juolevi (although still young so likely 2 yrs in AHL me thinks). So we have enough ample talent coming in to fill the pipeline cheaply and with some further cap comfort for next few years

3 solid scoring lines...

Sedin-Sedin-Erickson
Skinner-Sutter-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Etem-Gaunce-Burrows

Dorsett-Granlund

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I can't believe this proposal. It's so bad that it would definitely be laughed at on Canucks boards here and maybe even their nhl.com boards.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i think carolina throws in a 1st rounder to even it out

skinner + 1st for sbisa, cassels, hansen

parades and cheers in the streets of raleigh!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Do people think Carolina fans are idiots? I know we're in the South but I swear more times than not people think they can fleece us in these threads and we won't notice. We will and we will call you out on it.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Can Vancouver fans please stop with this delusion that Sbisa has a lot of Value.

It's simply mind-boggling how bad some of these trade proposals are.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
If added to the Canes defense, Sbisa would make them worse. Then add AHL talent for what you said is an elite goal scorer.

Maybe Skinner for Boeser with Vancouver adding if you indeed want Skinner. Then you have to deal with the cap with another move.

Carolina is coming out of a semi rebuild by the way.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Glad to see OP put so much thought into how it would make Vancouver better, while ignoring the effect on Carolina.

:laugh:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I've seen some awful proposals on HF before. This is right up there. Legit young 30 goal scorer for a player with negative value both on the cap and on the ice, plus an ECHL player.

niel094

Jan 13, 2011
This seems like another one sided trade for Vancouver... Like every other proposed trade from Vancouver on this board

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If added to the Canes defense, Sbisa would make them worse. Then add AHL talent for what you said is an elite goal scorer.

Maybe Skinner for Boeser with Vancouver adding if you indeed want Skinner. Then you have to deal with the cap with another move.

Carolina is coming out of a semi rebuild by the way.

Good Lord, that is as bad a counter-proposal as the original proposal. That is...I mean, that is incredibly bad.

And for the record, almost all Canucks fans understand exactly what Sbisa is, and want to be rid of him. The only deal that is remotely possible is for E. Kane, and only if Buffalo is terribly desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad