GDT: Carolina at Columbus

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Canucks are up 2-0, and jets are up 3-1

Updated and if Toronto can somehow knock off Anaheim in OT it will be a great night for draft positioning.

and I was posting fro noted that Toronto won! Which on a side not probably knocks one of my fantasy teams out of the playoffs. Great b-to-b games by my Anaheim goalies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
First was a wash, so I'm not board with 50 minutes of domination. Second was good (that's 20). 3rd wasn't really dominated either.

1 good period of hockey, and a basement-dweller, Jackets-esque first 3 minutes of the 3rd? I'll give you that.

1st was a good period of hockey. The game was tilted slightly in the Jackets favor. The shots bear that out.

The 2nd was completely one-sided.

The third was split.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Personally I have a lot of confidence that Torts gets this thing turned . I like our defense, a lot of young players have really stepped up this season, Boone, cam, Korpi, Murray, Wennberg , and now Bjorkstrand.

Next season yes.... I like Torts too but our Torts is not the Torts history will record... He must have (not saying he did) signed a mussel clause to get the job; to win Torts must be given full authority to command the team....

We will see, based on past practice the CBJ are very conservative to a point of fault, it's been 16 years without one playoff round win.... Something's not right in Columbus.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well played boys.

I'm really pleased with everyone's game tonight. except...

1) Chaput. Puck skills are terrible, ruined every rush he had tonight. His hockey sense isn't much better.

2) Goloubef. His mindless drifting gave away the breakaway goal, just like how Golo ended up in Torts' doghouse last time.

3) Bob. C'mon. 3 in 3 minutes?

Jenner and Jones were fantastic.

Pretty much agree wth all of this.. Chalk me up x2.

Was at the game, thankfully with free tickets

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
1st was a good period of hockey. The game was tilted slightly in the Jackets favor. The shots bear that out.

The 2nd was completely one-sided.

The third was split.

Well, if you're gonna use shots to buttress your argument for the first, can I use goals to suggest the third was Carolina's period?

Even if not, your original prognosis of 50 minutes of domination seems... skewed

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reason(s) being? Asking, not being sarcastic.

If we have a 21 year old who has only played 4-5 games listed as a 'lock' for next years roster, it reminds me of the bad old days. I like Bjork alot, and he's a great prospect and playing pretty well. But unless he shines in camp (and also depending on what the roster looks like), he shouldn't get a spot that easily.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Well, if you're gonna use shots to buttress your argument for the first, can I use goals to suggest the third was Carolina's period?

No, because if you can simply use goals as a trump card, then by definition there is no such thing as a "well played loss". Only wins and losses. And then there is no point in having a discussion about whether it was well played or not.

If you need to check your memory just go watch the condensed game on nhl.com, and tell me that the chances were not at least 3-1 Jackets.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Well played boys.

I'm really pleased with everyone's game tonight. except...

1) Chaput. Puck skills are terrible, ruined every rush he had tonight. His hockey sense isn't much better.

2) Goloubef. His mindless drifting gave away the breakaway goal, just like how Golo ended up in Torts' doghouse last time.

3) Bob. C'mon. 3 in 3 minutes?

Jenner and Jones were fantastic.

You're giving Bob too much credit. It was three goals in 1:38.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Carolina hasn't been a very good team for a while, but they have certainly owned us. I can't really remember the last time we beat them.

*Edit*

Just read the Dogpatch and:

-- Carolina had dropped five in a row (0-2-3) for only the second time this season before Thursday’s game, but Nationwide Arena seems to cure all the Hurricanes ills. They’ve now won five straight on the Jackets’ home ice. Carolina is 8-0-2 in the last 10 games overall against Columbus, and leads the series 12-11-0-2.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...03/blue-jackets-lose-to-carolina-3-24-16.html

Only 2 games left at home. I'm ready for this season to end.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
those of you on twitter, do you follow @CBJFacebook? they take the terrible comments from the CBJ Facebook posts and put them on twitter...its amazing

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I got to wondering about Hartnell lately and whether he'd been as bad or at least unnoticable as it had seemed to me. He hasn't scored since March 4 and has two assists and is -8 in that span with 15 shots in those nine games.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I got to wondering about Hartnell lately and whether he'd been as bad or at least unnoticable as it had seemed to me. He hasn't scored since March 4 and has two assists and is -8 in that span with 15 shots in those nine games.

Do you work on the summer break? By the Fall he is leading this team in scoring.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

I figure the post trade deadline fatigue caught up...he was playing overly hard leading up to it either hoping to be moved, or hoping CBJ would keep him for how hard he was playing, then afterwards "exhaled" and here we end up

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Do you work on the summer break? By the Fall he is leading this team in scoring.

I don't know what this means, and yet I will attempt to reply.

I love Hartnell. Back when everyone thought he should be traded at the deadline I objected. Hell yeah he's been really good for the Jackets this year. In fact, that makes his recent poor play even more noticable. Fro even points out a reasonable explanation for it. I wonder if Fro works on summer break? Maybe he and I should take a vacation together. If we come to Finland, will you buy us a soda and play Aerosmith songs on the car radio?

Last edited:

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I wonder if Fro works on summer break? Maybe he and I should take a vacation together. If we come to Finland, will you buy us a soda and play Aerosmith songs on the car radio?

There is no car radio in the sauna of the summer cottage. You might want to keep some wood prepared inside the sauna stove throughout the long winter, drying up. When it is time you will know. Fire her up and enjoy the heat.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
He is stuck at 299 goals, probably is just pushing it too hard. He had a good look or two the last couple of games.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I don't know what this means, and yet I will attempt to reply.

I love Hartnell. Back when everyone thought he should be traded at the deadline I objected. Hell yeah he's been really good for the Jackets this year. In fact, that makes his recent poor play even more noticable. Fro even points out a reasonable explanation for it. I wonder if Fro works on summer break? Maybe he and I should take a vacation together. If we come to Finland, will you buy us a soda and play Aerosmith songs on the car radio?

but I have friends in Stockholm...can we go there instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad