Proposal: Carolina and Toronto

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Faulk is the missing piece?
Now I've seen it all.

Doesn't solve anything for Toronto and it's quantity for quality from Carolinas viewpoint.
Pretty much this. Value going to either side is in the right ball-park but it doesn't really address the needs of either team, at least not to the degree that they would like.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To Carolina Brown, Timashov, Rosen, Pickard and 2019 1st round pick

To Toronto Faulk, Mckegg and 2019 6th round pick

Carolina gets fantastic two way goal scorer in Brown to help wings, good left wing prospect in Timashov, depth defense in Rosen, possible back up goalie if Darling or Mrazek fault and a low first round draft pick.

Toronto gets the missing defense piece they need to make them a legit Stanley Cup contender, as well as a depth center back to even out some contracts.

Who says yes and who says no?

So .... Brown, Pickard and a 1st for Faulk. All the rest is just noise. Quantity for quality.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Yes, marginal middle-6 forwards, more backup goalies, and draft picks is exactly what Carolina needs....

:eyeroll:
I think Brown is at least a legit 3rd liner, he did put up 20 goals, and could be a solid 2nd liner on the right team but I agree, this is not a package that fits Carolina’s needs or Toronto’s for that matter.

Last edited:

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
I think Brown is at least a legit 3rd liner, he did put up 20 goals, and could be a solid 2nd liner on the right team but I agree, this is not a package that fits Carolina’s needs or Toronto’s for that matter.
I dont disagree. But that being said their isnt a player a like Nylander the leafs will give up. Same way Carolina wont give up a RHD like Hamilton or Pesce. its more of a deal that the teams make for a risk but there is never a trade that works out PERFECTLY for both teams ever.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I dont disagree. But that being said their isnt a player a like Nylander the leafs will give up. Same way Carolina wont give up a RHD like Hamilton or Pesce. its more of a deal that the teams make for a risk but there is never a trade that works out PERFECTLY for both teams ever.
I think Dubas would entertain offers for Nylander that would send a skilled young RHD the other way that fits Toronto’s needs. Faulk just isn’t that player.

In reality, no player should be considered untouchable; the goal is to build a team that has a sustained opportunity to win a Cup and if a trade arises that helps create that opportunity a GM would be foolish to allow a personal attachment to a home-grown player get in the way of it... that is for HFBoards fans to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmniCube

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
At some point they are going to need to part with a 1st
Yep, likely in the package that brings them the right-side defensive stopper they need to make a deep playoff run. The thing is that Faulk really doesn’t fit that mould, and you only get to trade your 1st round pick away once.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Carolina is not looking or in need of multiple pieces. Does not fill a need for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad